• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone going to the Opening Day for the Richmond Flying Squirrels on Thursday?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Proactive Shooters will be there as we are a sponsor for the team for 2010.

The stadium is owned by the RMA so I plan on carrying. I've already mentioned it to the sales rep and he indicated that it would be no problem.

Look for our ad in your game day program!

27255_371889539929_68268074929_3679260_6092002_n.jpg

ProShooter

hunter45

imported post

Wow, I thought this was a joke. Then I went to their website and saw that their name is actually the Flying Squirrels! :lol:

TGT1

imported post

I'd like to go see these squirrels.

I've always disarmed myself at the Diamond when the Braves were there. Signs/Website specifically prohibits weapons of any kind and a nice Richmond PD uniformed officer there to give me trouble, I'm sure, If I were to try to open carry.

Similarly, I've never carried to see the Richmond Renegades at the Coliseum. They were terrible about lying on their website about prohibiting handguns.

Even after they changed the website when VCDL challenged them, 2 months later the prohibition verbiage was right back on the site.

I feel sure I will be turned away at the gate, at the minimum, at either venue if I'm open carrying...Anyone here OC'd at either place successfully?

TFred

imported post

TGT1 wrote:
I'd like to go see these squirrels.

I've always disarmed myself at the Diamond when the Braves were there. Signs/Website specifically prohibits weapons of any kind and a nice Richmond PD uniformed officer there to give me trouble, I'm sure, If I were to try to open carry.

Similarly, I've never carried to see the Richmond Renegades at the Coliseum. They were terrible about lying on their website about prohibiting handguns.

Even after they changed the website when VCDL challenged them, 2 months later the prohibition verbiage was right back on the site.

I feel sure I will be turned away at the gate, at the minimum, at either venue if I'm open carrying...Anyone here OC'd at either place successfully?
I only looked a little, but what I found here didn't mention weapons.

Just that you can't throw things. :)

TFred

ProShooter

imported post

TGT1 wrote:

See above.

I OC'd in the Diamond for the game (as I have done in the past) without an issue. I interacted with any number of staff members, stood there while security checked my bag, etc. Not a word was said.

Also, I never saw a police officer all night. I don't think that they were there.

TGT1

imported post

Looks like times have changed. Awesome that you OC'd to the Diamond. They prohibited weapons just two years ago.

As for the coliseum website, looks like they've gone back to not prohibiting weapons.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who OC'd there (Richmond Coliseum) and made it through the gate.

VCDL actually pointed the preemption law out to them, so they took the weapon language down temporarily, only to re-word it and put it back up a month later. This was fall of last year. I went to the site and they've completely re-done it since then.

I guess this is progress. For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I'm proud of my State..err...Commonwealth!

FYI: In case you didn't catch this whole battle, here's a quick summary of how it went down -> http://www.ammoland.com/2009/09/07/virginas-richmond-coliseum-changes-gun-policy-again/