Thread: Springfield mo open carry group

Post imported post

Hey guys , We are still on for the april 26th meeting just tryin to narrow down a time and place to meeet for dinnner in town here open for suggestions??

Post imported post

yah we choose great wall chinese super buffet at 7 pm on april 26. sorry havent heard from you forever so just kinda choose a place and time since no one else was deciding.

Post imported post

tht sounds good just let me know where it is @

Post imported post

I'm not form Spring Field but can I invite myself and family to come along? I don't get much chance to OC and have never OC with anyone else. Gives me an excuse to go to Springfield.
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Post imported post

The Great Wall buffet is in the little strip mall area at the south west corner of Battlefield and Glenstone.

Post imported post

Yes please do come one come all this group is open to all

Post imported post

opencarryinmo wrote:
    Yes please do come one come all this group is open to all
    ESPECIALLY IF YOU LOVE THE GREEN BAY PACKERS!!

Post imported post

great wall chinese super buffet

address: 3130 south glenstone avenue, spfd, 65804

time: 7pm

date: april 26

yah packers_fan your more than welcome to come.

Post imported post

I was looking through the Springfield city code and couldn't find the section for open carry. Can someone please tell me which section and article it is in.

Thanks
    Howard

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Post imported post

Chaser wrote:
    I was looking through the Springfield city code and couldn't find the section for open carry. Can someone please tell me which section and article it is in.

Thanks
    Howard
    The state of Missouri's state laws makeOC to be legal unless a municipality makes ordinances that say otherwise. I read all of Springfield's codes involving firearms. OC is not mentioned ie making it legal. There are restrictions written in Springfield's codes to exclude OC in schools,parks,airports, and city/government buildings. To look up Springfield's weapons codes go to CHAPTER 78...ARTICLE VI....Sec. 78-258. Unlawful use of weapons. That is where any OC restrictions would be, but I looked and there aren't any.

Doc

Post imported post

I will be there sporting my new Glock as long as you guys promise not to drool all over it...

Post imported post

HYRYSC wrote:
    I will be there sporting my new Glock as long as you guys promise not to drool all over it...
    This must cause Glocks to jam.

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessly.

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    HYRYSC wrote:

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessly.
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

Post imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
    HYRYSC wrote:

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessl

love my XD and a XDm wannabe owner:P

what glock did you get hyrysc? i mean you already had one glock.

Post imported post

Looking forward to see everyone at the meeting on Monday
    night @ 7 pm including guy from Arkansas,come one come all

Post imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
    Superlite27 wrote:
    HYRYSC wrote:

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessl

love my XD and a XDm wannabe owner:P

what glock did you get hyrysc? i mean you already had one glock.
    Actually I already had 2. I will probably be picking up a G20 so I can have a bit bigger boom. My other 2 are G26's which I LOVE!!, 1 for open carry and 1 for CC backup. I will be keeping 1 for the backup, but since I OC now, size is no longer a factor for my OC piece.

Post imported post

Good day all as stated before we will be at our meeting location tonight, I will be getting there around 7.30 ish hope all will be in attendance!!!!

Post imported post

Nice to meet, greet and eat with everyone last night. Had a good turnout with 7 guys and 1 lady. One of these days we gotta all get out to go shootin'.

Post imported post

yah its nice seeing our group growing every meeting.and a pretty good group of ppl. only thing well have to change is that were going to have seperate tickets next time we go to a resteraunt, since someone left without paying this time. which if someone short on cash i dont mind helping out but rather them ask then just eat and run.

mabye we could go to busiek range, or andy doltan in bois' arc. mabye noon on the 22 or 23? any suggestions on wanting to do something like that or just meeting agian at the buffet or some other resteraunt?

Post imported post

I know at least three of us went up when I paid. I hope it was a mistake on the restaurant's part and not ours. The girl checking us out did look a little annoyed at having to split the ticket.
    It was a great time. I don't remember who on this forum was who at the restaurant as I'm not a regular here (had to look up my username to post this.) Whomever it is on this site that I was talking with about the water heater, drop me a line at aaron_green77@hotmail.com. I tried calling, but I think there were phone problems.

I look forward to the next meeting!

Take It Easy Guys,

Aaron

Post imported post

i am thinking it was probably a mistake on the girl behind the counter and aaron is right she seemed annoyed that she had to split up the ticket. I know aaron, jim and i all paid at the same time before we got sidetracked outside. Otherwise it was a great night I enjoyed it alot. Looking foward to our next outting either to eat or maybe hit up a range.

Post imported post

well not sure i make it to the next meeting depending on whenyou guysdo it. i be gone threw the 20-23 of this month so i let you guys plan it and if i can make it i make it and if not i just make the next one.