• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield mo open carry group

opencarryinmo

imported post

Hey guys , We are still on for the april 26th meeting just tryin to narrow down a time and place to meeet for dinnner in town here open for suggestions??

HYRYSC

imported post

The Great Wall buffet is in the little strip mall area at the south west corner of Battlefield and Glenstone.

Chaser

imported post

I was looking through the Springfield city code and couldn't find the section for open carry. Can someone please tell me which section and article it is in.

Thanks
Howard

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Chaser wrote:
I was looking through the Springfield city code and couldn't find the section for open carry. Can someone please tell me which section and article it is in.

Thanks
Howard

The state of Missouri's state laws makeOC to be legal unless a municipality makes ordinances that say otherwise. I read all of Springfield's codes involving firearms. OC is not mentioned ie making it legal. There are restrictions written in Springfield's codes to exclude OC in schools,parks,airports, and city/government buildings. To look up Springfield's weapons codes go to CHAPTER 78...ARTICLE VI....Sec. 78-258. Unlawful use of weapons. That is where any OC restrictions would be, but I looked and there aren't any.

Doc

Superlite27

imported post

HYRYSC wrote:
I will be there sporting my new Glock as long as you guys promise not to drool all over it...

This must cause Glocks to jam.

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessly.

HYRYSC

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
HYRYSC wrote:
I will be there sporting my new Glock as long as you guys promise not to drool all over it...

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessly.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!

goalseter88

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
HYRYSC wrote:

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessl

love my XD and a XDm wannabe owner:p

what glock did you get hyrysc? i mean you already had one glock.

opencarryinmo

imported post

Looking forward to see everyone at the meeting on Monday
night @ 7 pm including guy from Arkansas,come one come all

HYRYSC

imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
Superlite27 wrote:
HYRYSC wrote:

Folks constantlydrool on my XDm all the time and itcontinues towork flawlessl

love my XD and a XDm wannabe owner:p

what glock did you get hyrysc? i mean you already had one glock.

Actually I already had 2. I will probably be picking up a G20 so I can have a bit bigger boom. My other 2 are G26's which I LOVE!!, 1 for open carry and 1 for CC backup. I will be keeping 1 for the backup, but since I OC now, size is no longer a factor for my OC piece.

opencarryinmo

imported post

Good day all as stated before we will be at our meeting location tonight, I will be getting there around 7.30 ish hope all will be in attendance!!!!

HYRYSC

imported post

Nice to meet, greet and eat with everyone last night. Had a good turnout with 7 guys and 1 lady. One of these days we gotta all get out to go shootin'.

goalseter88

imported post

yah its nice seeing our group growing every meeting.and a pretty good group of ppl. only thing well have to change is that were going to have seperate tickets next time we go to a resteraunt, since someone left without paying this time. which if someone short on cash i dont mind helping out but rather them ask then just eat and run.

mabye we could go to busiek range, or andy doltan in bois' arc. mabye noon on the 22 or 23? any suggestions on wanting to do something like that or just meeting agian at the buffet or some other resteraunt?

Bigger_Is_Better

imported post

I know at least three of us went up when I paid. I hope it was a mistake on the restaurant's part and not ours. The girl checking us out did look a little annoyed at having to split the ticket.
It was a great time. I don't remember who on this forum was who at the restaurant as I'm not a regular here (had to look up my username to post this.) Whomever it is on this site that I was talking with about the water heater, drop me a line at aaron_green77@hotmail.com. I tried calling, but I think there were phone problems.

I look forward to the next meeting!

Take It Easy Guys,

Aaron