• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vitriol nears fever pitch as 2A march looms

Dave Workman

imported post

Vitriol nears fever pitch as 2A march looms

If one believed all of the vitriol that has been, and is being generated against the upcoming Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. next Monday, April 19, one might expect a parade of gun-toting Klansmen marching down Pennsylvania Avenue...

...Just what are the Second Amendment critics afraid of?...What is it about the gun rights message that so obviously terrifies and angers these people?

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m4d14-Vitriol-approaching-fever-pitch-as-2A-march-looms

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/y5epful

DEROS72

imported post

They can't control us unless we are disarmed....

Here is a couple of shots of the Michigan
DSCN1765.jpg

rally today check their board...

4518768314_15e8aff18b.jpg

DSCN1787.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

We can do better...

I have been asked to be the deputy co-ordinator for the Wa. march...We will need everyone and their mother out here.This couldn't be more important..As Dave Delbuonoand I have at the last minute been asked to do this we need help.The guy originally tasked for this totally dropped the ball and has done nothing.

I was told that the Open Carry comminity is already showing the lead in this

We need a couple of canopys ,anyone want to sell t-shirts buttons tc.(They do at the tea parties}We need some minimal sound equipment flags etc In light of Daves article here we have the left more than a little nevous that we won't be controlled.Nor will we give up our right to bear arms .

We have a huge opportunity here ,what are we going to do with it>> more later.

44Brent

imported post

I hope people leave the cammo at home. The media just love to zoom in on the cammo and say "look at these wackos".

amzbrady

imported post

44Brent wrote:
I hope people leave the cammo at home. The media just love to zoom in on the cammo and say "look at these wackos".

No doubt, why do so many like cammo. My son wanted cammo shorts, when he was younger. I told him I wouldnt buy them because they looked stupid, and if he really wanted them when he got older, the army would outfit him in all the cammo he could ever want. Nothing funnier than fat people in cammo.

DEROS72

imported post

This Rally is all about the 2nd ammendment.Please bring your families and friends.We could do without the camo and the long guns.BUt it is about the 2ammendment.Peronally I don't want to lug my Mini -14 all day .I just don't want to give the anti's and the media any thing to report other than we will not give up our weapons ...period......

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
This Rally is all about the 2nd ammendment.Please bring your families and friends.We could do without the camo and the long guns.BUt it is about the 2ammendment.Peronally I don't want to lug my Mini -14 all day .I just don't want to give the anti's and the media any thing to report other than we will not give up our weapons ...period......
It probably sounds like a stupid question but I just want to make sure it is only focused on the 2nd Amendment. Are people thinking about meeting for food before or after the march?

DEROS72

imported post

This is indeed a second ammendment rally as far as before and after I havn't got that far yet.I just today got in this and still trying to help put it together.

aktion

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
44Brent wrote:

No doubt, why do so many like cammo. My son wanted cammo shorts, when he was younger. I told him I wouldnt buy them because they looked stupid, and if he really wanted them when he got older, the army would outfit him in all the cammo he could ever want. Nothing funnier than fat people in cammo.
I get your point, but imho you're putting too fine a point on it. Quit complaining about such details. If it isn't the camo, they will point out something else to focus on. Perhaps the slung rifles. Then it's the oc'd handgun. Then the inflammatory slogan on the t-shirt. Then it's the untucked t-shirt, etc.

I'm happy to see folks turn out, in whatever attire. Concerned about impressions? Then set an example by SHOWING UP and dressing however you think is appropriate. I'm planning on attending a Tea Party event at Westlake tomorrow. If anyone there complains about my openly carried firearm, I'll tell them the same thing.

DEROS72

imported post

aktion wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
44Brent wrote:

I get your point, but imho you're putting too fine a point on it. Quit complaining about such details. If it isn't the camo, they will point out something else to focus on. Perhaps the slung rifles. Then it's the oc'd handgun. Then the inflammatory slogan on the t-shirt. Then it's the untucked t-shirt, etc.

I'm happy to see folks turn out, in whatever attire. Concerned about impressions? Then set an example by SHOWING UP and dressing however you think is appropriate. I'm planning on attending a Tea Party event at Westlake tomorrow. If anyone there complains about my openly carried firearm, I'll tell them the same thing.
You make a point ,I was at the Tea Party at westlake last april no one said a word about my sidearm......I'm sure you have all seen this pic ..This was last april

DEROS72

imported post

We need numbers....This is about our second ammendment..for everyone whatever you carry ,hunt with , concealed ,open etc this is a 2A rally !

DEROS72

imported post

Press release...

[/b]NEWS RELEASE

______________________________________________________________________________________

[align=right]For Immediate Release: For Further Information Contact:[/align]
April 14, 2010 David Del Buono

[align=right] Washington State Coordinator[/align]
[align=right] Second Amendment March [/b][/b][/align]
[align=right] ddelbuono@secondamendmentmarch.com [/b][/align]
[align=right][/b][/align]
[align=right]Jim Beal [/b][/align]
[align=right]Assistant Washington State Coordinator[/b][/align]
[align=right]Second Amendment March[/b][/align]
[align=right]burtb71@yahoo.com[/b][/align]
[align=right]jbeal@secondamendmentmarch.com[/b][/align]
[align=right][/b][/align]
[align=right] Liz Foley [/align]
[align=right] National Media Director [/align]
[align=right] 832-877-5263[/align]
[align=right] media@secondamendmentmarch.com [/align]

[align=center]SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH[/align]
[align=center]Washington State[/align]

The Second Amendment March has announced a Washington state rally in conjunction with the national event in Washington D.C.

The Washington state march will be held Saturday, April 24 at 12pm at the Capitol in Olympia. Participants will assemble at Tivoli Fountain. For further updated information and a map of the location visit http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/washington.

The Second Amendment March is a national event supported by satellite marches at state capitols and in cities across America. The national Second Amendment March will take place Monday, April 19, 2010 from 10am – 4pm on the grounds of the Washington Monument in Washington D.C.

Our nation’s founders were deliberate and vigilant when drafting the Second Amendment to provide “we the people” the protections needed to defend our country, freedom, liberty and way of life. They understood far too well the danger of a disarmed population under a tyrannical government. Thomas Jefferson said it best, “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”

To take part in this landmark rally in support of your right to keep and bear arms and to protect and defend our Second Amendment visit www.secondamendmentmarch.com to R.S.V.P., volunteer or make a contribution. Or just show up! We need everyone.

Questions or to set up an interview: Contact Liz Foley, National Media Director at media@secondamendmentmarch.com.

About Second Amendment March:[/b]

The mission of the Second Amendment March is to galvanize the courage and resolve of Americans; to petition our elected officials against establishing anti-gun legislation; and to remind America that the Second Amendment is necessary to maintain our right to self defense.

Information about Second Amendment March is available at: www.secon[/b]

amzbrady

imported post

aktion wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
44Brent wrote:

I agree that if not the cammo, then it would be something else. If they dont see a bunch of wanna be soldiers in cammo, then they will go after the fat rednecks in flannel, or the wanna be gansta's in hoodies and baggie pants. But on the flip side if we dress like them, and how we would hope they see us. Responsible, mature, and some proffesional firearm carriers and members of society. The differences between them and us should be that we carry, and are not shouting trying to tell them how to live their lives. Thats the point I am trying to make. IMO, I think their are times we need to do a little more, and try a little harder to make a better impression as a whole.

DEROS72

imported post

Nickinfrontofcrowd.jpg

JimOlympia.jpg

LarryMajor2.jpg

gogodawgs, squeak and deros all at the tea party rally today in olympia...

Handed out a tone of flyers for the 2nd Amendment rally on the 24th and Deros and his beautiful hair got to make an announcement to the crowd!

amzbrady

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
LarryMajor2.jpg

gogodawgs, squeak and deros all at the tea party rally today in olympia...

Handed out a tone of flyers for the 2nd Amendment rally on the 24th and Deros and his beautiful hair got to make an announcement to the crowd!
Hope that guy is checking out his gun... :lol: