Thread: Any News on Constitutional Carry??

Post imported post

I haven't heard or read anything in a couple days on any of the forums. Is no news good or bad you think???????

Post imported post

right now i believe it to be a dust collector on jan's desk for a couple days..its time to hurry up and wait..

Post imported post

'Think she might just let it become law (Sine Die) w/o signing it? That'd either be politically astute... or.... neutral. It's not a veto proof Bill with a 2/3rds majority. I'm really gettin' antsy tho.

Centurion

Post imported post

It is very close to veto proof. I can't see much advantage to her not signing... except the gun owners who are interested are watching and would be happy for the bill to go into law, and the anti's are already mad at her... Maybe she thinks that if she doesn't sign and it goes into law, it won't stir the middle either way...

Post imported post

Under Arizona State Law, how long does it take to automatically become law if she doesn't sign it?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

5 days, not counting Sunday. From what I understand, I think the deadline is Saturday evening.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm not sure how much damage was done by the KFYI fiasco earlier this week, when they came out against the bill and have lobbied against it everyday this week. I think they were just talking about it again about 6:30, but wasn't able to listen to the broadcast. The Podcast will be out in a little while.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just listened to thebroadcast.

http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/182...-AM/smackC.mp3

It's discussed in the last third of the podcast. They're again calling for the Governor to veto the bill. It's interesting how they talk about how we (all conservatives) need to unite in November, but they got pissed off with AZCDL so they're going to do anything they can to have SB1108 vetoed. You can tell how much of a DI*K Barry Young is - he's very demeaning.

Oh well, maybe their audience isn't very big. Guess we'll see.

Post imported post

This can't be signed fast enough! That and the illiegal alien bill.

Post imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:
    This can't be signed fast enough!* That and the illiegal alien bill.
    She may be willing to let it pass without her signature- it's a hot button topic for her.

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    Crossfire Jedi wrote:
    She may be willing to let it pass without her signature- it's a hot button topic for her.
    Janice certainly doesn't want to piss off the anti's....

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    Dahwg wrote:
    Crossfire Jedi wrote:
    It's not just the antis it's the elitists neo-cons that get a good feeling from having a government permission slip to do something the state constitution already allows them to do.

Sadly, many on "our side" of the issue buy into some of the anti rhetoric. Take for example the NRA's unwelcome meddling into the restaurant carry bill. AZCDL had it well in hand then the "big boys" went and screwed it all up on us.

Post imported post

Dahwg wrote:
    GWbiker wrote:
    Dahwg wrote:
    Crossfire Jedi wrote:
    This can't be signed fast enough! That and the illiegal alien bill.
    It's not just the antis it's the elitists neo-cons that get a good feeling from having a government permission slip to do something the state constitution already allows them to do.

Sadly, many on "our side" of the issue buy into some of the anti rhetoric. Take for example the NRA's unwelcome meddling into the restaurant carry bill. AZCDL had it well in hand then the "big boys" went and screwed it all up on us.
    I agree about the NRA. To me they do more grandstanding then anything. The smaller pro-gun groups get things going then they step in to take the credit

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Just got an alert from AZCDL...She signed it!!!!! I miss Arizona even more now Yall stay safe down there.

Centurion

Post imported post

[AZCDL_Alerts] Governor signs Constitutional Carry!
    YOU did it! Today, April 16, 2010, Governor Brewer signed SB 1108, the AzCDL-requested Constitutional Carry bill, into law. Arizona now becomes the third state to not require written permission from the government for law-abiding citizens to exercise their right to bear arms discretely. Because Arizona is the first state in the U.S. with a large urban population to take this significant step, this is a watershed moment for the entire country.

AzCDL has been working towards this moment since we formed 5 years ago. Constitutional Carry has always been one of our primary goals. Every success over the last 5 years has been pursued with today's historic occasion in mind. However, having a goal is meaningless without the support and activism of over 3,000 committed members. The citizens of Arizona, along with the citizens of other states that follow in our footsteps, owe YOU, the members of AzCDL, a debt of gratitude.

If you don't have a permit, don't start carrying concealed just yet. The law won't become effective until 90 days after "Sine Die" when the Legislature officially adjourns. Since they are still working through a slew of bills, we don't expect Sine Die anytime soon. In past years, the effective date of bills has been around September.

CCW permits still have a purpose. You'll need one to streamline gun purchases, to carry in states that honor Arizona permits and for carrying concealed in establishments that serve alcohol. And, the training you receive to obtain a permit is an added bonus. Along with restoring your right to bear arms, SB 1108 added additional training opportunities for obtaining a permit. NRA classes and training from places like Front Sight and Gunsite will be able to qualify as permit training.

If you decide not to obtain a CCW permit, that doesn't mean you shouldn't train. The heaviest thing about wearing a firearm is the responsibility that comes with it. Take that money that you save on permit and renewal fees and spend it on quality training as often as you can. Lead by example – the world is watching.

For the record, AzCDL contacted the other major candidates for Governor, Terry Goddard, Dean Martin, Buzz Mills, and John Munger, about whether they would have signed SB 1108. At this point Dean Martin, Buzz Mills, and John Munger have responded that they support the bill and would have signed it. We are still waiting to hear from Terry Goddard.

Stay tuned! When critical legislation moves, we will notify you via these Alerts.

If you want to get legislative news as it happens, follow AzCDL on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AzCDL_Alerts .
    AzCDL "tweets" from the Capitol with committee votes and breaking news as it happens.

You can also follow AzCDL on Facebook:http://tinyurl.com/FacebookAzCDL .

AzCDL's Political Action Committee (PAC) is also on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FacebookAzCDLPAC .

These alerts are a project of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), an all volunteer, non-profit, non-partisan grassroots organization. Join today! http://www.azcdl.org/html/join_us_.html .

AzCDL – Protecting Your Freedom
    http://www.azcdl.org/html/accomplishments.html .

Copyright © 2010 Arizona Citizens Defense League, Inc., all rights reserved.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's a great day in Arizona. Now, which state will be next?

Post imported post

I am so excited about this, I live across the river in NV but went shooting in AZ today. Today was an open carry day, given I don't have a CCW in AZ (or NV yet) can't wait till I can exercise my 2nd amendment right to the fullest and carry "discretely" with NO ONE telling me I have to have some card in my pocket... While I would probably go ahead and get a permit (after all I still have to in NV) just being able to do it freely gives me a good feeling as an American!

Good Job AZ! :celebrate
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution

Post imported post

Notso wrote:
    Don't know which state will be next, but I'll wager on ILL, NY, NJ, Mass and Maryland to be one of the next to last.

THEN, California.

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    Notso wrote:
    Don't know which state will be next, but I'll wager on ILL, NY, NJ, Mass and Maryland to be one of the next to last.

THEN, California.
    Yeah you have better chance of hitting Powerball twice in a row than California adopting a bill like this! :?
    "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    Second Amendment to the United States Constitution