Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry at the beach?

Post imported post

Someone just asked me on another thread how I carry at the beach. (I am going to the Outer Banks for vacation). I usually use a fanny pack holster (I know, I know...). Does anyone else have any suggestion for carrying a loaded firearm in an easily accessible way at the beach?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Post imported post

Dont Nagants have a long tether, could hang it around your neck?????

Sereiously it depends on what your wearing I guess.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

When I lived just off the beach in SC I balanced self-defense with protecting my CCW from sand and carried it in a nylon pouch a chest pack by Action Direct (I don't believe the simple cheap one is available but only the Mall Ninja version).

Post imported post

Zip-closing plastic bags can be obtained in a number of sizes. Be sure to do two things before you head to the beach with your firearm inside a plastic bag:

1 - remove all ammunition and check the fit of your firearm in the planned method of carry (holster, fannypack or other) as well as your ability to get your finger on the trigger through the plastic bag. Getting it out of a fannypack and then out of a plastic bag is going to take too much time.

2 - remember that stuffing your firearm into a holster while encased in a plastic bag will alter the fit of a leather holster. It may also prove to be "just too large" to get into a plastic holster. This may be the time to look at an inexpensive one-size-fits-most nylon holster.

Being as I am not a water baby I am not very concerned with how to secure my firearm when at the beach. Those of you who insist on intentionallygetting wet need to think long and hard about this issue.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Ishove it in the lock box bolted into my truck, put on my wetsuit and trust that I won't need to shoot any sharks or other surfers.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Those of you who insist on intentionallygetting wet need to think long and hard about this issue.
    H&K has done that 'thinking' for me and demonstrated its effectiveness by shaking the water out of their guns and firing a full test course. Water, salt water, or sweat is not an issue. Sand may be.

Banned

Post imported post

grumpycoconut wrote:
    Ishove it in the lock box bolted into my truck, put on my wetsuit and trust that I won't need to shoot any sharks or other surfers.
    I was wondering is someone was going to give this answer. I just don't see a practical way to carry on the beach. Even with packaging to protect from sand and water, what about when you go in the water? Leave your gun on the blanket to hold down one of the corners? Take it, securely in its baggy, into the water with you?

Re the sharks: Leave your handgun in your lock box. OC a spear gun.

Post imported post

You have to accept that you just can't enjoy everything life has to offer while having a firearm attached to your body. If you can't take it off to jump in the drink for an afternoon swim, the beach/pool you are visiting is just not safe enough to visit.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

if you wear a man-thong, i would suggest a shoulder holster.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    grumpycoconut wrote:
    I was wondering is someone was going to give this answer. I just don't see a practical way to carry on the beach. Even with packaging to protect from sand and water, what about when you go in the water? Leave your gun on the blanket to hold down one of the corners? Take it, securely in its baggy, into the water with you?

Re the sharks: Leave your handgun in your lock box. OC a spear gun.
    You don't leave it on top of your towel. You dig a small hole and drop your piece in next to your car keys and cell phone. Then you put your towel on top to hide the hole. Works all the time.

When it comes to real sharks even a spear gun is akin to carrying a Chief's special in bear country. You'll just piss em off. Anyway our great whites tend to hit from below and our water is so rich and dark green that you can't even see them until they snatch your buddy. Fortunately people taste bad and the sharks usually don't take more than one bite. I usually try to surf at beaches where the dolphins hang out. Sharks and dolphins are real big on segregation.

Post imported post

Cop gun belt or shoulder holster.

Post imported post

I was the one who asked.

cabbitone wrote:
    Lol, every beach I've been to in Texas I didn't feel safe.

More than once I've been asked if I wanted to "party" and no I don't look the type to. Nor do I.

They make these hard plastic cases, for putting things like Medicine, IDs, Credit Cards, things of that nature. If you had a smaller gun like a .380 you could easily drop one in a pocket holster into one of these, heck if it fits snug enough and you didn't put anything else in it leave out the pocket holster and leave the gun loose in the case, so all you'd have to do it pop the snap and you're good to go. And yes, there are some that are not clear.
    I like the looks of this one. Now I just need a LCP and a CHP, and I can shove the thing in the pocket of my swim trunks.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

McX

Post imported post

with flip flops.

Post imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    I think Fobus makes a holster specifically for the man thong it attaches to the.......... right in between the......... :shock: for the ultimate in deep concealment man thong technology.
    HOOAH?

Post imported post

25sierraman wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    I think Fobus makes a holster specifically for the man thong it attaches to the.......... right in between the......... :shock: for the ultimate in deep concealment man thong technology.
    this thread has gotten disturbing! :whatis that a pistol or are you just happy to see me?)

for carry on the beach... if your wearing swimming trunks and plan on swimming then leave the gun in the truck. if you really insist on carrying while swimming, buy a gun with a barrel ported for water and use a kydex holster. (leatherwill beruined by salt water)

-matt

Banned

Post imported post

Matt85 wrote:
    25sierraman wrote:
    Nelson_Muntz wrote:
    this thread has gotten disturbing! :whatis that a pistol or are you just happy to see me?)

for carry on the beach... if your wearing swimming trunks and plan on swimming then leave the gun in the truck. if you really insist on carrying while swimming, buy a gun with a barrel ported for water and use a kydex holster. (leatherwill beruined by salt water)

-matt
    Wear some buoyant devices to counteract the weight of your gun belt, holster, extra magazines, and handgun.

Post imported post

like this....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

thebigsd wrote:
    Someone just asked me on another thread how I carry at the beach. (I am going to the Outer Banks for vacation). I usually use a fanny pack holster (I know, I know...). Does anyone else have any suggestion for carrying a loaded firearm in an easily accessible way at the beach?
    I've waited years for a straight-line like this... but it's really late, I'm exhausted and half-lit, so I'm going to bed before I say anything you'll regret. :what::celebrate

Post imported post

In a thong holster!

Post imported post

eeeewwwW
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

McX

Post imported post

glock carries..............................everything.

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    In a thong holster!
    And this is exactly what I resisted doing, directly above you... sigh. I do so try to set a good example, but I just can't get people to follow... :celebrate

Post imported post

25sierraman wrote:
    Holster malfunction on use results in injuries of an intimate nature.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    like this....
    Ha. I was going to suggest just that. Honestly, is there no sexier holster than a lovely woman holding a firearm?

This seems like the perfect beach option.

Just take caution admiring other people's holsters.

Post imported post

Of course one could use the holster that nature provided ... behind... each of us. :what:

Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast