• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Russ Forest County Park. No Firerams Sign

BreakingTheMold

imported post

My original account got lost some how, so I'll be posting under this one for now. Formerly of the handle "BreakingTheMold" So welcomes are not needed :D

The Park I believe is run by the county. So who should i contact to get them removed, or at least reworded "no hunting"? Or something along those lines.

I have photos of the signs on my low megapixel camera phone, but am unable to upload them at this time.

Am I correct in my assumption that This county park does not have the ability to make the possession of firearms illegal under MI state preemption?

Bit of info on the park form the cass county website.

http://www.casscountymi.org/CountyParks/FredRussForestPark.aspx

Thanks in advance to any help, whether it be advice, or posting one of those great pre-prepared letters.

-Frank B, AKA BreakingTheMold, AKA Mike from Berrien County

Edited to add the link :banghead:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

FrankB wrote:
My original account got lost some how, so I'll be posting under this one for now. Formerly of the handle "BreakingTheMold" So welcomes are not needed :D

The Park I believe is run by the county. So who should i contact to get them removed, or at least reworded "no hunting"? Or something along those lines.

I have photos of the signs on my low megapixel camera phone, but am unable to upload them at this time.

Am I correct in my assumption that This county park does not have the ability to make the possession of firearms illegal under MI state preemption?

Bit of info on the park form the cass county website.

http://www.casscountymi.org/CountyParks/FredRussForestPark.aspx

Thanks in advance to any help, whether it be advice, or posting one of those great pre-prepared letters.

-Frank B, AKA BreakingTheMold, AKA Mike from Berrien County

Edited to add the link :banghead:

Contact the municipality that has control over the park and tell them preemption makes their ordinance illegal.