• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

google earth

PincheOgro1

imported post

How are you finding "all" the schools in a particular area with google. In the search box, under "find businesses" I type in schools, I get a list of 8 different schools for Perris, Ca. If I type in k-12 schools, I get a completely different list. How do you/ what do yiou type in to find schools ?

Gundude

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
How are you finding "all" the schools in a particular area with google. In the search box, under "find businesses" I type in schools, I get a list of 8 different schools for Perris, Ca. If I type in k-12 schools, I get a completely different list. How do you/ what do yiou type in to find schools ?
open more/place catagories and click on schools

PincheOgro1

imported post

Gundude wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:

Gun,

Now is this a complete listing of schools we would have to worry about ?

Gundude

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
Gundude wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:

Gun,

Now is this a complete listing of schools we would have to worry about ?

I wouldn't totally rely on google for school zones. Some of the dates on when the imagerydata was collected go back to 2008. I remember one near the Swing Inn in Temecula showed a school and it had been closed.

JP

Ca Patriot

imported post

I just tested Google out for its "schools" function and it missed a few schools right by my house.

GlockFanatic943

imported post

Yea i dont know what to trust when open carrying on my motorcycle. i thought Google would know all the schools but when it missed a huge school right by my house im a little skeptical about what is true or not..:banghead:

PincheOgro1

imported post

I have contacted a couple other web sites that "MAP" schools as well. They both have told me their site(s) are not a complete listing either. The last one responded:

The California School Directory is not a complete list. A private school with less than 5 students do not have a CDS code assigned; however they are required to complete a private school affidavit.

The following Web site might help with a map. I suggest you contact the county office of education that you plan to move to, they are the source for the mapping of the district's territory, thus probably the schools within each territory too.

[http://www.schoolfinder.ca.gov/]http://www.schoolfinder.ca.gov/]

Sincerely,

Dorothy, CDS Administration Team