• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox 2 news article stops 911 call

scot623

imported post

I walked up to the corner store OCing of course when I past 2 neighbors who were both sitting on their front porches with their families. I waved and said Hi when the second guy said "Open Carry!" I gave him the thumbs up, said "absolutely!" and kept on walking to the store. On the way back, I stopped and had a nice conversation with both families. The one guy(CPL holder) said he didn't call 911 because he saw the Fox 2 news article on TV last month so he knew OC was legal. When I told him it was me he saw on the news, he got very excited. I love seeing the change across the state in the acceptance of OC. We've made some great strides, let's keep it going.

FatboyCykes

imported post

scot623 wrote:
I walked up to the corner store OCing of course when I past 2 neighbors who were both sitting on their front porches with their families. I waved and said Hi when the second guy said "Open Carry!" I gave him the thumbs up, said "absolutely!" and kept on walking to the store. On the way back, I stopped and had a nice conversation with both families. The one guy(CPL holder) said he didn't call 911 because he saw the Fox 2 news article on TV last month so he knew OC was legal. When I told him it was me he saw on the news, he got very excited. I love seeing the change across the state in the acceptance of OC. We've made some great strides, let's keep it going.
Gotta love how immediate and massive the effect of a few minutes on TV can be. Good experience :)

dukenukum

imported post

My neighbors just stop me to ask how my mom is and when does ice cream start. :p they are used to the gun and many of the elderly take comfort with me carrying. The section eight welfare crew aren't fond of it at but know better than to waste time calling the police on me.

B

Bikenut

imported post

dukenukum wrote:
My neighbors just stop me to ask how my mom is and when does ice cream start. :p they are used to the gun and many of the elderly take comfort with me carrying. The section eight welfare crew aren't fond of it at but know better than to waste time calling the police on me.
Maybe it's just me... but it seems entirely too many of those who are in positions of authority (real authority or just think they have authority) are the one's most "offended" by guns... especially guns openly carried. An ego thing?

Speaking of neighbors.... I've been under the weather for a bit so yard work is getting along slow this spring. Saw a neighbor I'd not really met yet rolling his lawn and, not having a roller myself, I asked him what he would charge to roll my lawn.

Not only did he roll my lawn but he would not accept any money... and a lengthy BS session ended up with me discovering another neighbor who is a supporter of the 2nd Amendment, has guns, and accepted an invitation to our yearly backyard open carry gathering of friends and neighbors.