• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Kitsap Get Together

sirpuma

imported post

Sorry, yesterday I was working on building a chicken coop. I'm not much into pancakes either. Perhaps we could do one at the Hi-Iu Hee Hee down in Gig Harbor. I know it's not Kitsap Co., but it's close and they have great burgers and great atmosphere.

sirpuma

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
You mean long guns are not part of the 2nd ? But i agree, it could be sending a bad message.
i think long guns is all about the 2Aamendmend....
traditional long guns are THE 2nd amendment....

it is a 2nd amendment march after all.
it is not just a OCDO march...

carrying traditional long guns, like our fore fathers,
should reflect the under laying,
desire of our fore farthers to ,,,,,
preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of these united states of america!!!!

fake edit.. i hate spell checker.... it cant spell america!!!!
I am just stating what the organizers have asked, that long guns be left at home. I would say this that if those people that are going to bring them anyways that they bring traditional long guns with wood stocks as that is the 2A.
Ummm, where in the 2nd does it say that we're only supposed to have wood stocks. Just because the only thing available to the Framers were muskets and such doesn't mean an AR, AK or M14 isn't just as traditional. Remember, the long guns that were in the intent of the 2nd were those used by the soldiers and militias. In this day and age that role is in the AR, AK, M14 and their like.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sirpuma wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Trigger Dr wrote:
You mean long guns are not part of the 2nd ? But i agree, it could be sending a bad message.
i think long guns is all about the 2Aamendmend....
traditional long guns are THE 2nd amendment....

it is a 2nd amendment march after all.
it is not just a OCDO march...

carrying traditional long guns, like our fore fathers,
should reflect the under laying,
desire of our fore farthers to ,,,,,
preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of these united states of america!!!!

fake edit.. i hate spell checker.... it cant spell america!!!!
I am just stating what the organizers have asked, that long guns be left at home. I would say this that if those people that are going to bring them anyways that they bring traditional long guns with wood stocks as that is the 2A.
Ummm, where in the 2nd does it say that we're only supposed to have wood stocks. Just because the only thing available to the Framers were muskets and such doesn't mean an AR, AK or M14 isn't just as traditional. Remember, the long guns that were in the intent of the 2nd were those used by the soldiers and militias. In this day and age that role is in the AR, AK, M14 and their like.
As this is a rally in a public place with the media the organizers are asking that long guns be held home. This is so that the image given off is in the most positive light available. We are policing ourselves in front of the media. There is no argument on the meaning of the 2A with this group. However, the most radical looking individual will make the news and represent all of us, this is the common (not so) of today's media driven world.

sirpuma

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
As this is a rally in a public place with the media the organizers are asking that long guns be held home. This is so that the image given off is in the most positive light available. We are policing ourselves in front of the media. There is no argument on the meaning of the 2A with this group. However, the most radical looking individual will make the news and represent all of us, this is the common (not so) of today's media driven world.
So, ... who's handing out the flint locks? I'll take a Kentucky Rifle please ... do I get to keep it????? :celebrate

I suppose I could show up with an M1 Garand. LOL

Don't worry, keep your panties unbunched. I understand that they don't want to see ANY long guns. I don't plan on being there anyway. I have a business to run and a kid to home school. Making it out on a week day afternoon for events that I don't see having any effect on our government's direction just isn't high on my priority list.