Thread: "confiscate the citizens' guns"

Post imported post

I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Why am I dubious about this? Stuff like calling something a "brigade" when it has a complement of 80,000 doesn't help one's credibility, now, does it?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm still trying to figure out what the "update" was about. There seems to be a sentence fragment to the effect that the "program" was expanded, but that is all.

What's going on? Is somebody just trying to recycle old news to create a new scare? New news would be telling us all about the expansions to the program. Gimme some sinister plots to install a dictatorship or something, or some expansion to put the entire midwest under martial law at the first hanging chad. Something, anything to relieve the tedium.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    What's going on? Is somebody just trying to recycle old news to create a new scare? ... Something, anything to relieve the tedium.
    I think we have a winner. Somebody, somewhere, is trying to relieve the tedium.

Either that, or ACORN or someone else has infiltrated THIS guys mind...

A brigade of 80,000...right...sure, uh-huh...yep.

Post imported post

Brigades are roughly 1,400 Soldiers. I don't even think 3rd ID HAS 80,000 troops.

Furthermore, I doubt they would take one of the most deployed units in the Army and remove them from the deployment cycle just so they can "take our guns."

This article is a sham.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    Brigades are roughly 1,400 Soldiers. I don't even think 3rd ID HAS 80,000 troops.

Furthermore, I doubt they would take one of the most deployed units in the Army and remove them from the deployment cycle just so they can "take our guns."

This article is a sham.
    Dunno about infantry divisions....last time I was in a division, it was 3rd AD in the Fulda Gap, back in the dark ages of the Cold War. We had about 15,000 in the division, but that includes combat service support, combat support and combat arms. V Corps had about 35,000 - 40,000 I would guess, based on what I remember...

This guy, in the immortal words of Bugs Bunny "What a maroon, what a nin-cow-poop."

Post imported post

And they are building special reeducation camps in Georgia to house the dissidents, they are spraying chemicals from civilian airliners that make the populace docile, and they will be confiscating all supplies of tinfoil to prevent you from making your hat.

OK.

Post imported post

This unit only has 8,000 i used to work for Nothcom, who knows where this 80,000 number came from maybe its all of the Army Norths numbers and Northcoms numbers put together.

Post imported post

82nd Division > 2nd Brigade > 325th Regiment > 3rd Battalion

We were one Infantry Battalion within a Regiment that was part of an overall Brigade. Our Battalion alone was 1,100 troops. A brigade can be as many as 5,000 but it depends heavily on what kind of troops we're talking about and what their primary mission is. Nevertheless, you don't 80,000 until at least Corps level, most likely Field Army level.

Post imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
    This unit only has 8,000 i used to work for Nothcom, who knows where this 80,000 number came from maybe its all of the Army Norths numbers and Northcoms numbers put together.
    8,000 - 80,000....what's a factor of 10 between friends?

Post imported post

This article discusses the same thing but a bit more sensibly in my opinion.
    http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=9869
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Post imported post

When I read crap like this it Kind'a makes ya wonder ....... are they going to ...... ?????

Post imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
    When I read crap like this it Kind'a makes ya wonder ....... are they going to ...... ?????
    Not as long as we have 10 times more guns than they do.

That is what the 2A is all about.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Technically, we've been under a National Emergency since a miner's strike in the Eisenhower presidency. It was declared by executive order and never lifted, and many of the executive orders that come out reference that as their lawful grounds for the order.
    Who panicked at all of Bush's counterinsurgency executive orders? Or Clintons? (I see hands on that one.)

Tea Party members, for example, have been warned in recent days that members of Andy Stern's SEIU union and members of the organization formerly known as ACORN plan to infiltrate Tea Party gatherings in order to incite some sort of incident that could result in armed conflict.
    ACORN has already gone underground, changing its name so as to fly beneath the radar screen. How many people will the group register to vote illegally?
    You've got to be kidding me.

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    Bersa.380 wrote:
    Not as long as we have 10 times more guns than they do.

That is what the 2A is all about.
    And not since over half of the military own guns.

And are sworn to uphold and protect the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.

This is just some tin-foil hat shake and bake creation.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

This article has been all over web forums for a few days now. It's been debunked through and through. No danger here.