• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looks like a lot of us are on the Gun Control Video

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

The have shrunk so much that they have to use our rallies or they would have nothing to show. :p

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
The have shrunk so much that they have to use our rallies or they would have nothing to show. :p

Yata hey
Notice that I had the Guns Save Lives sticker on my pants leg that she had just refused to wear. Now I'm really hurt.:cry:

I need to ask her what format her videos are in. Mine get so compressed they get fuzzy.

DJEEPER

imported post

WOO, 0:41, im famous, haha :lol:

I dont see how this film works against us. It made me feel proud to be OCing and standing up for what i believe is right

curtiswr

imported post

DJEEPER wrote:

I dont see how this film works against us. It made me feel proud to be OCing and standing up for what i believe is right
It's making subtle inferences that we suggest, support, and condone violent and irresponsible acts by using sound bites and photos of quotes on t-shirts.

To be honest, I wish people wouldn't wear shirts with stuff like the prayer from The Boondock Saints on it or the like at rallies/events/marches. While it sounds cool it's hard to take the stand that it's not meant as a promotion of vigilantism which is something commonly used against gun owners. "Oh just a bunch of wannabe vigilantes" Same sort of thing with The Punisher 1911 grips and Glock slide cover plates et al... It might all look/sound cool but given the chance it will be used against us, especially when present at rallies/marches/events where there are plenty of cameras.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Curtis wrote:
DJEEPER wrote:

It's making subtle inferences that we suggest, support, and condone violent and irresponsible acts by using sound bites and photos of quotes on t-shirts.

To be honest, I wish people wouldn't wear shirts with stuff like the prayer from The Boondock Saints on it or the like at rallies/events/marches. While it sounds cool it's hard to take the stand that it's not meant as a promotion of vigilantism which is something commonly used against gun owners. "Oh just a bunch of wannabe vigilantes" Same sort of thing with The Punisher 1911 grips and Glock slide cover plates et al... It might all look/sound cool but given the chance it will be used against us, especially when present at rallies/marches/events where there are plenty of cameras.
I think you're right Curtis. Mike said it all the other day. This is a public relations game.

I always try to put everybody in a better light. What Lauri didn't show in her video were the people there that didn't have T shirts or statement making guns.
I don't know if you've met Nemo, but he's one of the most respectable looking people I know. He wasn't in her video. Philip wouldn't have been if he wasn't a speaker.

I'm also not going to try to tell anyone how to dress. That's just one of those personal things we all have to decide for themselves.

I'm sure some members were horrified to find out I unloaded the 1911 before the event. It's just a personal call on my part though, since I knew I'd have to take it out of the holster to go in the GA building.

Riana

imported post

So what I'd like to know is...

Did all of you give her permission to use your image on her video? Shouldn't you have had to sign a release or something? If you didn't, can you demand she remove you from the video?

I was at the Bell Tower last month - did you see the plaque on the far right when Cuccinelli was speaking? We (the DAR) put that up in March. :cool:

curtiswr

imported post

Riana wrote:

Did all of you give her permission to use your image on her video? Shouldn't you have had to sign a release or something? If you didn't, can you demand she remove you from the video?

I was at the Bell Tower last month - did you see the plaque on the far right when Cuccinelli was speaking? We (the DAR) put that up in March. :cool:
It's a public place, so it's my understanding that you can photograph people and be photographed people without a release form.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I wanted to comment and thank them for posting such a patriotic video but, alas, couldn't find a way to do so. Are comments turned off?

Too bad they had to show so much of Cuccinelli - with whom I disagree on nearly everything BUT guns - but it was still patriotic.

Riana

imported post

Curtis wrote:
Riana wrote:

It's a public place, so it's my understanding that you can photograph people and be photographed people without a release form.
And publish it?

curtiswr

imported post

Riana wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Riana wrote:

And publish it?
Why not?

A quick google search is saying (via another forum) that they cannot be used for advertising/commercial use or profit without a model release

http://photo.net/business-photography-forum/00UKLq

The Donkey

imported post

Comments are "on," but you need to create an account to make them.

Go to the home page and look in the left hand column.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The Donkey wrote:

Nope. Not that interested. I have a personal disgust for sites that make you register before you can speak.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Riana wrote:
Curtis wrote:
Riana wrote:

And publish it?
Yep...and publish it. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

They are in my slide show.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Well, if you have a youtube account, you could comment there....if you wanted to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf2LJ_85CsY&feature=player_embedded

not that you have too..... :0
Why bother Bohdi. You won't change their minds.

As a father, I really feel for Lori. You can't convince her that the car isn't responsible for the drunk driving it though.

She's civil enough when she records these events. Even when I rattle her cage. I took a CLOSE UP picture of her Monday and tried to give her a Guns Save Lives sticker.
No Screaming or even stuffiness, just a smile and no thank you.

She, her daughter and two little fellows I've never seen before, are all in my Slideshow.

Let her live in her little world. They aren't much more than a minor annoyance. Maybe one day she'll quit blaming the gun and thank God her daughter wasn't killed.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

Nope.  Not that interested.   I have a personal disgust for sites that make you register before you can speak.  
You post here though. :p

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

im1 wrote:
Ken hangs with the insurrectionists
That Cuccinelli is encouraging a crowd including insurrectionist militia guys and folks calling the families of Va Tech victims "evil" is news. It may not be shocking news but it is worth taking note.
:banghead:

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Curtis wrote:
DJEEPER wrote:

OOPS... I guess we didn't even think about what we were wearing when we went to the rally that day. The slide just before the Boondock Saints t-shirt was the back of my head. I had NO IDEA I had THAT MUCH SILVER HAIR back there!!! Why is my DHS hat a problem? I retired from DHS and wear it all the time. What point were they trying to make with that close-up photo of my silver hair and faded DHS hat?

The next slide was my daughter Bridget wearing the Boondock Saints t-shirt and the Glock 21 on her right hip. I'll forward this thread to her and remind her that we should be more careful in planning our wardrobe when we OC.

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Fluckin Culpa...