• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police @ Get Some Guns and Ammo!

YoZUpZ

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
YoZUpZ wrote:
Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
YoZUpZ wrote:
I wonder if they will call my wife whenever I come in... I have a membership and go shooting at least once a week... It could get really annoying, especially if my wife doesn't answer her phone... :X
You are not a first time gun renter so you are good, no calls to the wife, watch the clip more closely from more information.

??? Am I missing something?
Yes, I too have a Year membership there and shoot at least 2-3 times a month, and I have my own guns as I am sure you both have. Do you think they are going to ask to call my wife? I would think that policy is for first time customerswho are renting guns who are alone. Profiling sucks, but it is a very effective means to get things done. I do it all the time with almost everyone I meet.

Yeah, I agree with what you are saying and think that is how they will handle it... Its just not what was said on KSL... Although, anything on the KSL website that is gun related is almost always wrong... :lol:

I'm heading over to Get Some in a few minutes, and don't think they will ask for a phone number... I'll let ya'll know if they do though.

jpm84092

imported post

I am a Silver member at Get Some and shoot on average about once per week. They know me by sight. I bring my own weapons, including my carry weapon. They know that I have a Utah CFP. As this is an open carry forum, I will mention that I often open carry to and from the range in condition 1. (OK, because of my permit.)

I saw other members enter without providing a phone number. These people do not fit the profile of a suicidal person in that, at least at the time they obtained it, a membership is a several hundred dollar investment.

The Get Some folks are asking new shooters who rent for the phone number and I saw them make a few such calls. I have also seen them remind members with guests that the member is responsible for the guest. When I bring a guest, I take the Range Rules, read them out loud, ask my guest if he/she understands, and then have them fill out the waiver paperwork.

They are also sending members, LEOs, and other "trusted" shooters to the lower number lanes that are not in plain sight of the RSO's glass window. The newer shooters, particularly renters, get the higher number lanes where the RSO can keep a watchful eye on them. This is just good common sense and good business sense.:exclaim: