• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got followed by "security"

kenzmad

imported post

Me, the wife and my 2 girls stopped by Target tonight to pick up a new coffee pot. when we walked in, there was an "asset management" guy standing by the carts. as we didn't need a cart, we just walked on past. This guy followed us all the way to the isle that had the cofee pots and proceeded to walk past us 5 times while we were ther. we were only in target 10 minutes tops and to have this clown check us out over and over again was getting on my nerves. he once stopped and talked to another employee and after 30-45 seconds, she comes strolling down our isle looking at all the appliances on the other side of us. no one said anything and the guy was standing at the checkout lines when we left. It was in the car that the wife said " I didn't know you had your gun until I saw the guard walking past us and I looked at you." been trying to OC more and more and this is the first time I think that someone got nervous but didn't know what to do. I thought it was rather funny that he is watching me when he is armed with nothing, not even a radio. if he thinks I am a bad guy, what is he going to do about it.

kenzmad

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do exactly what you did, which is to do what you would do normally. If the gun was concealed or if you didn't have a gun. You would be shopping with your family. The only thing different is maybe you smile more.

kenzmad

imported post

I do find myself being just a little nicer to folks than maybe I would have been. nice perk to the OC movement.

kenzmad

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kenzmad wrote:
I do find myself being just a little nicer to folks than maybe I would have been. nice perk to the OC movement.

kenzmad
Be polite, be courteous, be professional, be kind, act as though you are your grandfather. It will blow people away!

deanf

imported post

That's crap.

I would definitely talk to this guy when I realized what was up. "May I help you?" "You seem to be following me." Something like that.

kenzmad

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
I go into that Target a lot too. I've never had security follow me around like that though.You must look really suspicious... ;)

I agree. What kind of person packs a gun while holding the hand of his wife and daughter. ;)

kenzmad

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Of course he's suspicous who in the right mind would carry a weapon to protect their loved ones with.

I am with DeanF on this I would have asked him politely if their was something I could help him with. A good chance to educate someone on their rights.

Mainsail

imported post

deanf wrote:
That's crap.

I would definitely talk to this guy when I realized what was up. "May I help you?"
Someone nosey once saw me doing something they considered suspicious (geocaching).

Person: May I help you?
Me: Well, yes. Can you make me a sandwich?
Person: Huh? No, uh, I want to know what you’re doing here.
Me: So you’re not going to make me a sandwich?
Person: Do you want me to call the police?
Me: Sure, maybe you could make all of us a sandwich!

Why do people ask to help you when they don't want to help you? Why would you ask to help someone you clearly don't want to help?

holeinhead

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Someone nosey once saw me doing something they considered suspicious (geocaching).

Why do people ask to help you when they don't want to help you? Why would you ask to help someone you clearly don't want to help?
... Will you make me a sandwich?

:lol: Never thought to respond to such questions like that.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
deanf wrote:
That's crap.

I would definitely talk to this guy when I realized what was up. "May I help you?"

I say I have an itch in the middle of my back can you scratch it for me?

The differance here though is OP was on private property, being followed by an employee of the property owner. Politely diffusing the situation will make it easier for the next open carrier who patronizes that business.

amzbrady

imported post

I had that happen to me at Wally World. Had about 6 employees looking at me but only one followed me. I just played a game with him. I walked fast down a few rows and then stopped just around the corner, and waited. the guy walked right into me. I did that to him twice before he stopped following me. Didnt do anything different than if I wouldnt have had my firearm with me. I should have said "You found me. Now you go hide and I'll try to find you". :lol:

Tawnos

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
deanf wrote:
That's crap.

The correct response is "sudo make me a sandwich".

Matt85

imported post

its sounds like you did the right thing. after a few trips to that store, they will be used to seeing the gun and most likely leave you alone. this also helps other people who OC.

if you had reacted negatively to being followed, they might not let you come back or in a worst case scenario they might assume that all people who OC are going to give them a hard time.

keep up the good work!

-matt

1245A Defender

imported post

AIC869 wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

I'm not sure which is sadder...seeing someone make this joke, or the fact that I got it... :lol:
i dont get it!, so i am sadder....

my answer to almost anyone, or anything they ask, is...
i like ducks,,, do you like ducks?, can you help me find some ducks???

Tawnos

imported post

AIC869 wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

I'm not sure which is sadder...seeing someone make this joke, or the fact that I got it... :lol:
sandwich.png

http://www.xkcd.com/149/

1245A Defender

imported post

yea,, thanx ,, but that didnt help me at all!!!
i got a high threashold ,, of i dont get it!!!

its important to note that,,, i dosene matter if i get it!!
maybe theres not much to get!
do you like ducks?
i like ducks.
SUDO!!! make me a duck!