• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossbread vs. Minotaur?

Big Boy

imported post

I am looking at getting a new CCW IWB holster. I have heard great things about crossbread forever, but recently I was told of the Minotaur MTAC.

Really the only thing that has me more interested in the mtac is that it is smaller. Much less leather. It'd be for a PPS and I just don't see the point for all the extra leather to each side of the gun with the crossbread. I'd think that would be hotter and less comfortable in the summer.

This will be for CCW with a tucked in shirt.

Opinions?

swinokur

Activist Member
imported post

Big Boy wrote:
I am looking at getting a new CCW IWB holster. I have heard great things about crossbread forever, but recently I was told of the Minotaur MTAC.

Really the only thing that has me more interested in the mtac is that it is smaller. Much less leather. It'd be for a PPS and I just don't see the point for all the extra leather to each side of the gun with the crossbread. I'd think that would be hotter and less comfortable in the summer.

This will be for CCW with a tucked in shirt.

Opinions?

I have both and the MTAC is a bit smaller leather wise. It also has a better finished look to it. Another plus for the MTAC is you can swap Kydex shells to fit more than one handgun. You can't go wrong with either.

Damiansar-15

imported post

Living in Houston, I am also a big fan of Comp-tac and support Texas companies. Comp-tac also has great turn around time and customer service. I personally prefer a complete kydex holster like the old-school shirt-tucker model that Comp-tac makes, because sweatis never a problem then. Houston is extremely humid and leather componets (even belts)... break down easily. Comp-tac also puts kydex supporters within their leather belts to help reduce this type of issue with leather. I barely like wearing leather belts, I can't imagine trying to deal with leather on holsters, yuck!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I bought a Minotaur about 18 months ago. While I have heard nothing but great things about Crossbreed and they have a fantastic warranty I chose the Minotaur for 2 reasons:
1) Time - I need it in 3 weeks and that exceeded the Crossbreed wait time
2) Swappable kydex bodies as I have a few different carry sidearms depending on various factors so I bought it with 2 different bodies.

In reality I don't swap out the kydex bodies much because it is a bit more of a pain that I thought it would be but when I need to it works well. It would be easier (but also a lot more expensive) to have 2 different IWB holsters. However, another plus side is that the leather portion and the clips are broken in to my body so even when swapping kydex bodies, the felt part of the holster doesn't really change.

If I had the time to wait and only want an IWB for 1 gun I would go with the Crossbreed. If not, the Minotaur is a very serviceable, functional and comfortable holster.

brokenbarrel

imported post

I can not give an honest comparison between the 2 seeing as how I only own the crossbreed super-tuck,but I will say I love the crossbreed it's awesome I'm able to conceal a sigma 40ve.This is possible even with a muscle shirt or tucked in shirt...I never post pictures but yea that's my situation..