• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Edmonds college pape

centermass

imported post

I recently started attending edmonds community college. I was looking up there policy on firearms just to be sure, of course they ban them. but I found this article from the paper

http://www.edcc.edu/stulife/documents/Triton_Review_Archive/2007-2008/Winter/022908.pdf

I am surprised, most of my thinking before gettin involved with this site and really talking to people was that college kids were brainwashed liberals who hated guns. But yet the article proves to me even if they dont agree with guns they wouldnt mind someone carrying on campus incase the next emo kid who wants to go out with a bang but is stopped.

edit: PAPER , can't edit topic grrrrr

amzbrady

imported post

Looks like the UW has had an ongoing battle. I personally think it's great that they want to be able to protect theirselves in an unprotected area. So many say "what kind of person wants to walk around with a gun in a holster"? You often hear this from the Brady Campiagners. The answer is a law abiding citizen, thats who. A criminal is not going to walk around with a gun in a holster. DUH. Are they afraid of the gun, the holster, or the person carrying the gun. I wish they would make up their minds.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/360420_guns24.html

http://dailyuw.com/2009/10/27/students-carry-concealed-weapons-response-u-distri/

centermass

imported post

would never think of doing that! gasp :dude:actually I could, work has now made legal for state employees to keep my firearm on ground ( and several people got fired for this BEFORE the bill passed) as I go to school after work. but I need a smaller carry than the xd 40 full size. will be looking later next month/june as i start getting my VA money.

may look at revolvers....or just compact anything

amzbrady

imported post

centermass wrote:
would never think of doing that! gasp :dude:actually I could, work has now made legal for state employees to keep my firearm on ground ( and several people got fired for this BEFORE the bill passed) as I go to school after work. but I need a smaller carry than the xd 40 full size. will be looking later next month/june as i start getting my VA money.

may look at revolvers....or just compact anything
A nice 357 or Kel-tec.

amzbrady

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
The Taurus is a bit to little for me not because I am a big woman but I just like bigger framed handguns.
I'm short so it fits me better, I'm fat so not so much poking my sides as they hang over. Wow, that paints a pretty picture, huh.

centermass

imported post

Been looking at bersa .380, been reading alot about the round and the gun. for the price it may be a good choice for me for summer conceal/school. Either that or hammerless/light 357 mag shortie but they run a little pricier.

I do like the .40 .45s but I am open to all calibers. Each weapon has its purpose and time for carry.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I can see it now:

"Thank you for stopping the gunman from killing dozens of college students...your expelled."

This is a principle issue. At least in Washignton State it is since it is not against the law to carry on campus.

Vandal

imported post

Same in Idaho, not illegal, just against the Student Code of Conduct. Oddly enough in each state it is not illegal for non-students to carry on campus.

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Vandal wrote:
Same in Idaho, not illegal, just against the Student Code of Conduct. Oddly enough in each state it is not illegal for non-students to carry on campus.
I have read(e) the student code of conduct at the college I attend and have not seen anything banning mass murder. But they ban legal carry:banghead:

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

Ahhh, now I get it :idea::idea::idea:OK...I legally carry on campus and if caught I am expelled. Some lunatic comes on campus and starts shooting innocent people they get a hug?

Some times I am sitting in class asking my self what the hell I am doing there. Most of the education I am receiving makes sense but some of the BS instructors regurgitate on a daily basis and test us on is classic bleeding heart liberal crap that even I can't stomach--and I am pretty damn liberal.