• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake Meade open carry BBQ - May 1/2, 2010

greengum

imported post

May 1st/2nd will be the OC BBQ! We plan on having it at Lake Mead. This is a little more social then our usual walks through town and a great way to relax and get to know the other OC'rs in our community. It is also a good opportunity for some of the new members to come on out and get to know us. I have a BBQ I can bring down there also. There was also some talk to camping out for the evening too.

I will be updating this post with more specifics as I get them. If you are interested post here so we can get a sense on how much food to bring.

greengum

imported post

Well pretty much I plan on all of us meeting up nearby then driving in together then setting up camp. If you guys have some ideas please post! I left it open so far to either Saturday or Sunday depending on if people have a preference. I will personally bring a ton of meat and veggies and if others want to bring other stuff please post. I will say that I don't plan on OC'ing much because come on, it's a BBQ and I will be having some beer!

Erus

imported post

We're gonna need a bigger grill. :)

gunbque.jpg

Facejackets

imported post

Don't forget there are no loaded firearms at Lake Mead. There are signs posted all over the place

greengum

imported post

Godspeed has the location and he should be posting it today. As long as I can get a few more people to agree to come I don't mind doing all the leg work to co-ordinate it all. So if you are interested please post.

doninvegas

imported post

wrightme wrote:
doninvegas wrote:
Didn't they just change the regulations at the state and fed land/parks....I OC loaded out there many times...????

check out:http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-627
That bill/law covers National parks. State parks are not covered by it.
we have already disused this in length...I cant find the NRS on it yet but i do believe it was changed...
I do know there was a few of us that went there and checked it out...we had no repercussions from carrying....

doninvegas

imported post

DON`T TREAD ON ME wrote:
Facejackets wrote:
Don't forget there are no loaded firearms at Lake Mead. There are signs posted all over the place
Those are outdated.... the law has changed.
I lost the revision on the laws...but i do remember the research...lol....
later

don

flagellum

imported post

I am soooo down for a BBQ.

I know this has been well-answered already, bu t loaded OC is fine. This was even confirmed to me by lake Mead staff last time I went there.

doninvegas

imported post

flagellum wrote:
I am soooo down for a BBQ.

I know this has been well-answered already, bu t loaded OC is fine. This was even confirmed to me by lake Mead staff last time I went there.

Ya Hoooo..Me too . just keep an eye on the Boozzzzzzzzzzz....only takes a little to spoil a great day:lol:

Vegassteve

imported post

wrightme wrote:
doninvegas wrote:
Didn't they just change the regulations at the state and fed land/parks....I OC loaded out there many times...????

check out:http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-627
That bill/law covers National parks. State parks are not covered by it.
David this is a bit OT but in NV state parks we can CCW with permit correct? What is the take on OC in our state parks though?

doninvegas

imported post

I aint David...but here it is:

[size= ][/size]NRS 407.0475, 407.065) 1. In any park, a person shall not:
(a) Use a bow and arrow, slingshot or paint ball launcher;
(b) Possess a firearm, unless:
(1) The firearm is unloaded and inside a vehicle; or
(2) The person in possession of the firearm has a permit to carry a concealed firearm issued pursuant to the provisions of NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, and is carrying the firearm in conformity with the terms of the permit;
(c) Discharge a weapon, including, without limitation, an air rifle, spring gun or air pistol; or
(d) Throw a knife, hatchet, spear, stone or projectile,
Ê except as authorized by the Administrator.
2. The Administrator may designate zones in which a person may, for the purposes of hunting a species that is designated by the Board of Wildlife Commissioners as a game mammal or game bird pursuant to chapter 503 of NAC, carry and discharge a firearm or bow in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Wildlife. At each park in which a zone is designated pursuant to this subsection, the ranger in charge of the region or the supervisor of the park shall post at the headquarters of the park, and at each area within the park which is designated as a zone in which a person may carry and discharge a firearm or bow for the purposes of hunting, maps of the designated zones within that park.
3. Target shooting is prohibited in all areas of a park, except in an area designated as a firing range.
4. Use of a bow to kill, capture or injure a fish is prohibited within 100 feet of a swimmer.
(Added to NAC by Div. of St. Parks, 12-31-85, eff. 1-1-86; A 3-9-88; 7-25-90; 11-12-93; 3-20-96, eff. 4-1-96; R164-97, 3-1-98; R145-99, 1-18-2000; R118-01, 12-17-2001; R149-05, 5-4-2006)