• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake Meade open carry BBQ - May 1/2, 2010

Sabotage70

imported post

Well, apparently my mother-in-law decided to plan a BBQ over at my house on sunday at 2pm. :banghead: So I'm going to have a house full of in-laws over. But it's for my wifes grandparents. I would do anything for them.
So I'm going to have to bail out on this one. :X

greengum

imported post

Since it it close to Cinco de Mayo we r kinda doing a Mexican theme with some Japanese from Godspeed. The menu will include chicken and beef marinated in spices served with tortillas, homemade salsa, and guaco. We smoked a turkey and will be making smoked turkey enchilada's with a green tomatillo sauce. If I can get some fresh fish today I will also make a mango papaya marinated bbq'd salmon. We will have all the trimmings too and appetizers.

We are going to have a TON of food so feel free to bring your family's along or some friends. :celebrate:celebrate

Also if there are any special request or vegatarians lemme know.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I told my dad and maybe i'll bring my free loading brother... J/K I mean unemployed brother!!!

Someone has to go to the mexican store and get Carne Asada.. That stuff is amazing.

I'm am doing some japanese goza and some pork thing... I'm also bringing japanese rice and a special pot to cook it.. It only makes a small amount of rice but if people like it I will make more.

GoDSpeeD

MPlannette

imported post

I am still bringing the guac, but chips slipped my mind when I was at the store. I'm hoping someone else is bringing chips, but if not I'll just run to the store again. See you at 1.

doninvegas

imported post

are we meeting at ---------???? or someplace else????
I see on Google that is a house in the projects?

house in a project...lol

greengum

imported post

Just follow Mystic to the south end and you will see a pool, next to a basketball court. That is where we will meet up. If you can't find it come to my address and someone here will point you in the right direction.

Note: There are 2 pools. We will be at the larger of the 2 at the south side.

greengum

imported post

Thank you to everyone that came! It was a good show of people. Everybody was wonderful. I will be posting pics in the next day or too. We will have a pic of Flagellum in surf shorts open carrying while holding an inflatable sobrero full of beer!

Also Flagellum you left your wallet in my truck!! I tried calling but no answer.

28kfps

imported post

greengum wrote:
Thank you to everyone that came! It was a good show of people. Everybody was wonderful. I will be posting pics in the next day or too. We will have a pic of Flagellum in surf shorts open carrying while holding an inflatable sobrero full of beer!

Also Flagellum you left your wallet in my truck!! I tried calling but no answer.

If there is money in the wallet, it was mine. (Just a little humor) I would have liked to of been there to meet and greet all ways looking for a reason to get the Goldwing out. However, living in Pahrump and a church day not much time to make it. :lol:

Remmy

imported post

pics

eirz4o.jpg

20pr9zd.jpg

24pw9og.jpg

2mi788.jpg

2hfrrc4.jpg

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Yah, it was a good time. I love Carne Asada but cooking japanese at a BBQ was kinda interesting. It didn't come out bad but took forever!!

The pics are great. Good job everyone.

GoDSpeeD