Thread: Any thoughts of local presidents or group presidents for different cities?

Post imported post

I would love to have a local rep for this site, that helps set up meetings, events and such for all of our local areas. I have been OCing here in the long beach area of southern california for over three weeks now, and have no plans to stop. I would love to have more events and or meetings. I would welcome meetings or meets every weekend. But on the topic of local presidents, someone that the local members can go to for answers and questions. What do you think?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Like a popularly elected president? What an Obamination!

Consensus is leadership failed and compromise is failure on the installment plan.

Post imported post

considering that this is strictly grass roots with no actual chapters or officers, I don't know how you'd make that work.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

oifoefvet wrote:
    I would love to have a local rep for this site, that helps set up meetings, events and such for all of our local areas. I have been OCing here in the long beach area of southern california for over three weeks now, and have no plans to stop. I would love to have more events and or meetings. I would welcome meetings or meets every weekend. But on the topic of local presidents, someone that the local members can go to for answers and questions. What do you think?
    Here in Virginia, where the OC movement is strong, we've found no need for such.

Meet-up? Someone posts a time and location, and others show up (there have been instances of no one else showing, but that usually results from only a day or so notice).

Meetings? For what purpose? Now, we've done picnics and such, and some are talking about baseball games and the like, but nothing like a "meeting" where people come and listen, or take turns talking about a focused thing.

So you might find ideas that work, but we don't seem to have seen the need for it yet.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    oifoefvet wrote:
    Here in Virginia, where the OC movement is strong, we've found no need for such.

Meet-up? Someone posts a time and location, and others show up (there have been instances of no one else showing, but that usually results from only a day or so notice).

Meetings? For what purpose? Now, we've done picnics and such, and some are talking about baseball games and the like, but nothing like a "meeting" where people come and listen, or take turns talking about a focused thing.

So you might find ideas that work, but we don't seem to have seen the need for it yet.
    Tess -

The case here in Virginia might be because of VCDL and the way in which it involves the base membership rather than everything being done by Select Committees or appointed czars, as well as the fact that those in/on OCDO also know each other through VCDL activities.

That may not yet be the case in California. They do need a few good community organizers, but they need to come from within as opposed to being imposed from the outside.

Yes, +infinity to the notion of "If you post it they will come." Plus another infinity to the notion that if you do it over and over again they will come to expect it.

stay safe.

skidmark

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit