• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC ed at a tea party. Asked to leave

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

There was a tea party at the corner of telegraph, and walton in Pontiac today, so I naturally popped in. I met Sherriff Bouchard, shook his hand, and thanked him for his service, as one of his bodyguards eyballed me really hard. I was annoyed and amused at the same time.

I also spoke with Dave Robertson, Republican running for state senator. He was not at all preturbed by the XD. I asked him if he would support my right to open carry. He did genuinely support OC, and our A2 rights, he was very interested in OC, I gave him a card, and he asked me to email some info about us. I will get on that this evening. Anything you guys want me to add when I email him? He is seeking the seat of a dumbocrat who has met her term limit. I dont recall her name.

Then it happened, this guy pulled me aside, saying that I would have to conceal, or put it in my car. To his credit, he explained to me that it was the owner of the property we were on had stipulated that if they could use the property, there could be no open firearms, and no crazy costumes. He was very polite, and apologetic. I explained that I was suprised to run into that at a tea party, and he was kind of shooting himself in the foot, but I would comply.

RobertsonForSenate@hotmail.com Dave Robertson

SpringerXDacp

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I agree, He told me they had a lot of trouble finding a place at all, and they were lucky to get a place so visible. It is a very high traffic area. But definately should have been on public land
They should have asked me, they're more than welcome to stand out in front of my house. My street gets very little traffic but the offer still stands. :)

kyleplusitunes

imported post

just more proof that people in tea parties don't have a clue what they are supposed to be standing for, representing, or anything else.

just more of the same once they were co-opted by republicans.

Oh, how long till Glen Beck convinces them they need a VAT tax and Sarah Palin shows them how "real" global warming is, so we support a Carbon tax also! Keep up the good work tea parties!

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

empty lot across from the gas station. I think it belongs to a homeowner though. The tea party wanted to be able to return. standing on the sidewalk "because I can" would cause more harm than good. It would cast us in a negative light. I can do more good, faster and more effectively at the mall. Im there almost every day.