Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kennewick, WA, ,
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    Rush to carry guns in open is not likely

    http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo.../43347632.html

    Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said he'll continue to tell officers they can't assume people are carrying guns legally in a city that has seen nearly 200 homicides in the past two years. "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said. "Maybe I'll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I've got serious offenders with access to handguns. It's irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them."
    Please tell me you all did something about this *******




  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    He's on the list shortly after the JIC TOTUS.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    89

    Post imported post

    Whats with his treat everyone as if they are guilty and verify if they really are later attitude?he should be pulling everyone he sees driving a car over and give them a breathalizer and book them too.Later if they are not really drunk,then they can go again. He's stereotyping people and labeling them just by their appearance.

  4. #4
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,197

    Post imported post

    Tekman wrote:
    Rush to carry guns in open is not likely

    *http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepo.../43347632.html

    Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn said he'll continue to tell officers they can't assume people are carrying guns legally in a city that has seen nearly 200 homicides in the past two years. "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said. "Maybe I'll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I've got serious offenders with access to handguns. It's irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them."
    Please tell me you all did something about this *******


    We immediately did an open records request of any training memo's/emails sent to his "troops".

    As expected the training memo was much more flaccid.

    http://media.journalinteractive.com/...s/bulletin.pdf
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

  5. #5
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    It is my belief that Chief Flynn made that emotional statement just after 2 police officers were shot. I think that once he settled down a bit (that and the threat of mass law suits) has since let this issue settle somewhat. I think that even most police understand that criminals dont openly carry weapons. The 2 officers that were shot were done so by a criminal carrying a concealed weapon.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
    As expected the training memo was much more flaccid.

    http://media.journalinteractive.com/...s/bulletin.pdf
    From the memo, "If citizens are calling and are disturbed by someone carrying a firearm, probable cause may exist to make an arrest for disorderly conduct or order-in of the subject."

    What does "order-in of the subject" mean.

    How should that sentence, with the "or", be read, "...to make an arrest for disorderly conduct or make an arrest for order-in..." or ... what? Order-in?

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern Ark.
    Posts
    52

    Post imported post

    Bigdaddy: If he cant keep a cool head under stress then he shouldnt be in this position. In my opinion he does his best work when dealing with Badge Ho's.

  8. #8
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    No argument there
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  9. #9
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
    As expected the training memo was much more flaccid.

    http://media.journalinteractive.com/...s/bulletin.pdf
    From the memo, "If citizens are calling and are disturbed by someone carrying a firearm, probable cause may exist to make an arrest for disorderly conduct or order-in of the subject."

    What does "order-in of the subject" mean.

    How should that sentence, with the "or", be read, "...to make an arrest for disorderly conduct or make an arrest for order-in..." or ... what? Order-in?
    Order-in is when they tell you to meet them at the station, so they can offer you free Policeman's Ball tickets if you would only tell them what they want to hear.

    Happy mid-April;

    Lurch
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  10. #10
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post

    MILWAUKEE POLICE DEPARTMENT

    Attorney General Van Hollen continues in his memorandum to discuss the issue of whether the open carrying of a firearm gives officers the authority to make an investigative or “Terry” stop to investigate possible criminal activity, including disorderly conduct. His answer is, “An officer may stop and briefly detain a person for investigative] purposes if he has ‘reasonable suspicion’ based on articulable facts of criminal activity.” Citing Illinois v. Wardlow, 528 U.S. 119, 123 (2000); United States v. Sokolow, 490 U.S. 1, 7 (1989); Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1, 30 (1968). He adds “Even though open carry enjoys constitutional protection, it may still give rise to reasonable suspicion when considered in totality,” and “The existence of reasonable suspicion depends on the totality of the circumstances, including the information known to the officer and any reasonable inferences to be drawn at the time of the stop.”]


    More clearly stated



    Fourth Amendment protections under Terry v. Ohio.

    Since Terry, Florida courts have articulated three levels of police/citizen contact: voluntary compliance during which the citizen is free to leave; an investigative stop based upon reasonable suspicion; and, arrest. State v. Roux, 702 So. 2d 240, 241 (Fla. 4th DCA 1997), reh. den., and (citing Popple v. State, 626 So. 2d 185 (Fla. 1993)). To effectuate an investigative stop, an officer must have "a founded suspicion of criminal activity" as established by the "cumulative impact of the circumstances." Kehoe v. State, 521 So. 2d 1094, 1096 (Fla. 1988). "The existence of a fourth amendment violation ‘turns on an objective assessment of the officer’s actions in light of the facts and circumstances confronting him at the time’." 521 So. 2d 1096 (approving test in Scott v. U.S., 436 U.S. 128, 136 (1978)).

    Information in an anonymous tip is insufficient on its own to establish reasonable suspicion for purposes of an investigative stop. J.L. v. State, 727 So. 2d 204, 206 (Fla. 1999), aff’d, 120 S. Ct. 1375 (2000). Reasonable suspicion can be established by verification of information from the informant coupled with independent police investigation. Id. Information from a tip is measured by its specificity, and the existence of other objective facts which provide independent corroboration of the informant’s predictions. Id. The officer must consider, given the totality of the circumstances, whether objective, reliable facts justify the stop. Id. (citing Alabama v. White, 496 U.S. 325 (1990)).

    Walking around an establishment legally open carrying a hand gun while shopping, and having someone call the police to report a man/woman with a gun, absent any criminal behavior by the person open carrying a hand gun or reported from the caller, law enforcement have no reason to initiate an investigation into the callers report, and no reasonable suspicion to stop, detain, search, arrest or disarm the reported person with a gun.

    In J.L, an anonymous caller told police that a man in a plaid shirt standing at a certain bus stop had a gun. 727 So. 2d at 208. Officers responded to the call and observed three males at the bus stop including one wearing a plaid shirt. The officers detained and frisked all three males. The trial court granted a motion to suppress and the district court held that the tip did not give the officers a reasonable suspicion sufficient to justify temporary detention. J.L. v. State, 694 So. 2d 118, 120 (Fla. 3d DCA 1997). The Florida Supreme Court held that the officers did not have reasonable suspicion to stop, detain, and frisk the three people at the bus stop because the officers did not observe any objective facts corroborating the caller’s tip. J.L. v. State, 727 So. 2d at 208. Further, all the information provided by the informant was "innocent" in nature. Id. While the officers could have engaged the three in a consensual encounter, the circumstances did not warrant active intervention into an otherwise peaceful situation. Id.
    ]



    Don

  11. #11
    Regular Member cowboyridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    436

    Post imported post


  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    "Troops"?



  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    "Troops"?
    ISTR accusations of paramilitarization as cop bashing. J'accuse!

  14. #14
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    "Troops"?
    ISTR accusations of paramilitarization as cop bashing. J'accuse!
    WTF are you talking about now Doug?

    The term TROOPS was taken from Flynn's own statement.

    "My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it," Flynn said. "Maybe I'll end up with a protest of cowboys. In the meantime, I've got serious offenders with access to handguns. It's irresponsible to send a message to them that if they just carry it openly no one can bother them."
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    "Troops"?
    ISTR accusations of paramilitarization as cop bashing. J'accuse!
    WTF are you talking about now Doug? The term TROOPS was taken from Flynn's own statement.
    I am/was talkin' the EFF to marshaul! The world is bigger, evidently, than Big Daddy knows.
    Either we are equal or we are not. Present company excepted of course. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA damn the Obamanation's thugs.

  16. #16
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    "Troops"?
    ISTR accusations of paramilitarization as cop bashing. J'accuse!
    WTF are you talking about now Doug? The term TROOPS was taken from Flynn's own statement.
    I am/was talkin' the EFF to marshaul! The world is bigger, evidently, than Big Daddy knows.
    Either we are equal or we are not. Present company excepted of course. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA ******* damn the Obamanation's thugs.
    I was more talking about what ISTR means, and a translation on the of J'accuse

    Now what does marshaul (member from california) have to do with it?

    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I was more talking about what ISTR means, and a translation on the of J'accuse

    Now what does marshaul (member from california) have to do with it?
    I am sure that marshaulknows recent history (the meaning of the neologism ISTR) and political history, in which J'accuse, written by Emile Zola, is iconic.

    Does Big Daddy know what over and out means?I don't typically address a particular thread participant, now it appears to be a pointless effort when I do.

  18. #18
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    I wanted to know if ISTR was an acronym. Things would be so much easier if you would speak plain english instead of some windtalker code.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I wanted to know if ISTR was an acronym. Things would be so much easier if you would speak plain english instead of some windtalker code.


    LMFAO BIGDaddy1 you are spot on, he is very intelligment and edumacated and cant speek like us. we must be decoding all the great one says !:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

  20. #20
    Regular Member hunter9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I wanted to know if ISTR was an acronym. Things would be so much easier if you would speak plain english instead of some windtalker code.


    BD1 you have to remember that Doug spends about 3/4 of his life (not implying that is bad or as a slur) on forums and surfing the web. He uses acronyms for just about everything, as he talks so much in forums.



    ISTR is the Abbreviation for “I Seem To Recall”



    To be honest, I don't know what Doug is talking about most of the time as he loves to add in French, Latin, Spanish and god knows what other languages and clichés he knows from his 100+ years of "Life’s Experiences" but when I try to follow some of his posts, I do need to, on occasion Google his acronyms and blurbs of (dry-ass)humor.

    But Yes, I do agree with you, it would be a lot easier if (Yes you Doug) would save the lingual wit and just speak English here.



  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    "Troops"?
    ISTR accusations of paramilitarization as cop bashing.* J'accuse!
    Well, I guess that makes us both cop-bashers, then.

    I don't understand how they can come right out and essentially admit the truth, and yet when someone tries to criticize the fact, that someone must be blinded by paranoia and mindless sheer hatred for the "system".

    For the record, I do have a mindless hatred for one aspect of the system... those damn Blue Angels.

  22. #22
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    hunter9mm wrote:
    To be honest, I don't know what Doug is talking about most of the time as he loves to add in French, Latin, Spanish and god knows what other languages and clichés he knows from his 100+ years of "Life’s Experiences" but when I try to follow some of his posts, I do need to, on occasion Google his acronyms and blurbs of (dry-ass)humor.

    But Yes, I do agree with you, it would be a lot easier if (Yes you Doug) would save the lingual wit and just speak English here.
    Hey guys, in the world of forum discourse, foreign phrases are Sine qua non.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  23. #23
    Regular Member hunter9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    255

    Post imported post

    Shotgun wrote:
    hunter9mm wrote:
    To be honest, I don't know what Doug is talking about most of the time as he loves to add in French, Latin, Spanish and god knows what other languages and clichés he knows from his 100+ years of "Life’s Experiences" but when I try to follow some of his posts, I do need to, on occasion Google his acronyms and blurbs of (dry-ass)humor.

    But Yes, I do agree with you, it would be a lot easier if (Yes you Doug) would save the lingual wit and just speak English here.
    Hey guys, in the world of forum discourse, foreign phrases are Sine qua non.
    So Shotgun, Foreign Phrases are the 10th episode of the 4th Season of BattleStar Galactia???







    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_Qu...star_Galactica)

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    lol, someone needs to visit the disambiguation page. :P

    But seriously, a good point has been made, albeit somewhat indirectly.

    There is no better place for discourse using words and phrases which may be outside the average forum member's spoken lexicon.

    Our being able to access this forum implies an equal ability to access Google. In this medium, we can take the time to articulate using the most precise language available the exact nuances of our thought... and we can take the time to decode the occasionally complex resulting phraseology!

    Never pass up an opportunity to expand yourself.

    I myself routinely use outside reference for assistance, and the long-term result is that I can hold my own in any discussion, and wield to my advantage language both colloquial and formal, as the situation dictates.

  25. #25
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    hunter9mm wrote:
    Shotgun wrote:
    hunter9mm wrote:
    To be honest, I don't know what Doug is talking about most of the time as he loves to add in French, Latin, Spanish and god knows what other languages and clichés he knows from his 100+ years of "Life’s Experiences" but when I try to follow some of his posts, I do need to, on occasion Google his acronyms and blurbs of (dry-ass)humor.

    But Yes, I do agree with you, it would be a lot easier if (Yes you Doug) would save the lingual wit and just speak English here.
    Hey guys, in the world of forum discourse, foreign phrases are Sine qua non.
    So Shotgun, Foreign Phrases are the 10th episode of the 4th Season of BattleStar Galactia???







    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_Qu...star_Galactica)
    I used to love that show when I was a kid. Was much better than Buck Rogers!
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •