• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Smith & Wesson 629

Alexcabbie

imported post

If you are carrying Specials as a primary load and full-house Mags for reloads, well, I mean, I just don't know if I personally would do that. The difference in felt recoil is the difference between lightning qnd the lightning bug; and - just my opinion - it's better not to have a sudden change-up in the middle of a firefight.

Once upon a time, a friend snuck a magnum into a cylinder full of specials as a practical joke.

We eventually became freinds again, but only after I had paid the bill for surgically removing the weapon and the box of magnum ammo from his rear end.:cool:

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
If you are carrying Specials as a primary load and full-house Mags for reloads, well, I mean, I just don't know if I personally would do that. The difference in felt recoil is the difference between lightning qnd the lightning bug; and  -  just my opinion - it's better not to have a sudden change-up in the middle of a firefight. 

Once upon a time, a friend snuck a magnum into a cylinder full of specials as a practical joke. 

We eventually became freinds again, but only after I had paid the bill for surgically removing the weapon and the box of magnum ammo from his rear end.:cool:
That's kinda like the time I put bird shot in one barrel on my bird gun, and a 3" slug in the other, and told my wife to shoot it without telling her. She got me back good though. haha.

Serious time: I hear what you're saying about the sudden change to maggies after shooting specials. I have 3 speedloaders. Two of them are specials, and the last is magnums. The magnum speedloader has red paint on the top of the little knob-handle thingy. It's also in a speedloader pouch on the right side of my body, right in front of my holster. Helps to keep me from grabbing the wrong one.