• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Got followed be Asset Protection at Safeway last night

triehl27

imported post

So I stopped off at Safeway last night to pick up a steak. And the Asset protection officer immediately starts following me, so close that I stopped and asked her if I could help her twice. literally within an arm's reach of me all the time.

She ummm'd and huh'd a couple a times walked like 5 feet past me and would stop til I walked on.

So I got my steaks, did my shopping with this little blonde glued to me the whole way for like 15mins. Finally at the check out counter she was right at the end like a bagger. So I asked her to bag the steaks in plastic individually and then all in a single paper bag.

She was so intent on my hip (I hope, cause it is that or my crotch) I had to repeat the instructions a couple of times. And she just kinda robotically started bagging, which I found kinda funny.

I then asked the cashier for a paper and pen. Wrote down my number and FB page, and gave it to her. Saying "you seem really interested in me around the waist band or lower, i'm taking applications for a Girlfriend give me a call"

Cashier thought it was funnier then hell. She looks up at me and says, " I just haven't seen one that big just hanging out like that..." to which we chuckle even harder.

And i was nice and reminded her that it was legal, "Oh I know, I'm just 3 years short of being old enough to get my own pistol..."

18 years old working asset protection?!?! Wierd world. I know I would have my 18 year old petite cute daughter working uniformed unarmed security, but maybe that is just me.

The following me around thing was annoying, try some discretion, like the end of the aisle not right next to me. And technically her job is watching for shoplifters, not humping a 32 year old's leg cause he open carries.

I did end up with a short chat with her before I left, and left her with some good information and a OCDO card.

Over all it went fine, and the manager even came over and said hi, I know him from his old store in Seattle.

Oh and it was my Crimson Pro Kimber .45 in a Safailand paddle holster.

She never confronted me about it, but I don't like people who are intent on me, crowding me especially on my carry side. Frankly she was so intent at staring at me gun, I could have tossed her off her feet at any point of my choosing she was dead to reality other then that gun.

Manager couldn't care less as I used to date a girl in his old store and pop shop lifters while waiting for her to get off. He's actually said I caught more then his contracted security personnel, that was like 5 years ago though he still remembers it.

HeesBonafide

imported post

This is the second post I haveread where someone is followed and the OP is "annoyed" with that.

I thought the whole reason to OC was to get it out of the closest and to get people interested/comfortable withOC.

Sure, there will be people that are negative towards it, but they may be the same people that are curious about the law, OC in general or something else.

If you get followed and they are not showing any malice or aggression towards you, then may I suggest, take it as a positive sign and welcome them (versus getting annoyed). I am not in any way saying to let your guard down or become a victim -- just handle the situation the same way if you were not OC'ing.

Thanks for listening.

3/325

imported post

Someone who is blatantly following, hovering, and scrutinizing you is going to be annoying; especially if you're not 100% sure why they're doing it. This is not the same as someone making repeated glances in your direction, or following at a discreet distance.

HeesBonafide

imported post

you are singing to the choir on this.

It is like a black man walking into a KKK rally -- people are going to notice, watch, glare and hover (if not more). Everyone know's this IS going to happen. I realize this is an extreme example, but it proves my point.

People ARE alarmed when they see someone OC, People ARE intimidated, concerned, scared and ALL the reasons the Brady Campaign and all the other groups mention.

Some people may try to be intimidating with their proximity, and this may be "annoying" to someone. Mysuggestion is, "GET OVER IT" and go one about you day.

You do not have control over other people (one of the reasons why people carry) -- you only have control over yourself; show that you are a good representative of the OC movement and act as if you are CC'ing.

This is a byproduct that comes with the practice of OC. Don't like it? Don't OC then.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

By your story it sounds like to me she is interested in her rights. Maybe she comes from a strong anti family but has the brains and desire to do what is right for herself.

Some people just don't know how to react because guns have been so demonized by "pop" culture. Should have offered to take her to the range. She did state she is 3 yrs from getting her own.

END_THE_FED

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
I then asked the cashier for a paper and pen. Wrote down my number and FB page, and gave it to her. Saying "you seem really interested in me around the waist band or lower, i'm taking applications for a Girlfriend give me a call"

So did she call to setup an interview for the position?:D

SIGguy229

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
18 years old working asset protection?!?! Wierd world. I know I would have my 18 year old petite cute daughter working uniformed unarmed security, but maybe that is just me.

The following me around thing was annoying, try some discretion, like the end of the aisle not right next to me.
18 y/o + discretion = null value, does not compute

So....was she hot?

oneeyeross

imported post

"There's a unicorn in the garden," he said "Eating roses."

The moral of the story: "Don't count your boobies until they are hatched!"

oneeyeross

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
oneeyeross wrote:
"There's a unicorn in the garden," he said "Eating roses."

The moral of the story: "Don't count your boobies until they are hatched!"

I don't know... He never said her name is Rose. :celebrate
:what:Oh, now that's just plain naughty.

James Thurber is the author of my quote....
http://brembs.net/metabiology/unicorn.html

wrightme

imported post

triehl27 wrote:
So
Manager couldn't care less as I used to date a girl in his old store and pop shop lifters while waiting for her to get off. He's actually said I caught more then his contracted security personnel, that was like 5 years ago though he still remembers it.
:uhoh:Don't finish first.....