• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tips on your rights when dealing with the police

markm

imported post

The video with the Lawyer and Cop should be required watching for EVERY law-abiding citzen at least once a month. The system is rigged against the citizen and in favor of every scummy unethical cop who wants to boost his arrest and conviction record. Good cops can be tainted so easily by just a few bad apples with this system.

Here is what I learned from the video, et allia, (obviously, different scenarios will dictate using some responses below and not others):

• Don't say anything to any cop, except:
  • Am I being detained?
  • Am I being arrested?
  • Am I free to leave?
  • No ID for you officer as this is not a "stop and ID state." (unless you're in a motor vehicle or not in CA).
  • Officer, I did not give you permission to break-open my gun to look for a serial number!
  • Officer, if my gun is unloaded per 12031 (e), you are by law supposed put my gun back in its holster and let mego--you don't have RAS!
  • Officer, don't violate my 4th A rights!
  • Officer, I did not giveyou permission to search my car--what is your RAS or PC for a search?
  • If you are detained or arrested, tell them you want your lawyer. If they continue with the questioning, remind them of your 5th A rights and ask "where is my lawyer." Even if you are completely innocent. ONLY give: Name: MM; Rank: law-abiding citizen, Serial #: give DL #.
  • If your lawyer directs you to answer questions, fire your lawyer.
  • Ask for immunity even if you are innocent to avoid entrappment.
Did I say the correctthings?

Did I ask too many questions?

Am I learning?

markm

Edit: I removed a typo comma.