• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ed today (4/15/10) at the Prince William Tea Party.

rebfan

imported post

No issues as usual. Plenty of police around so if anyone had an issue, they would not have had an issue reporting mwg.

wylde007

imported post

Did you expect a problem in Virginia?

Public event on public property = preemption.

Even if someone reported a "MWAG" any officer worth his salt would just laugh at them. I take that back. A good officer would inform the citizen of the law on the subject.

rebfan

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Did you expect a problem in Virginia?

Public event on public property = preemption.

Even if someone reported a "MWAG" any officer worth his salt would just laugh at them. I take that back. A good officer would inform the citizen of the law on the subject.

No, I did not expect an issue, but you never know.... There are plenty of examples of just the opposite.

Also, noneof the elected officials(local mostly)in attendence seemed to be bothered either.It's nice to have a non event as it should be here.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

oh, was that you? i spent 2.5 hrs at the roadside displaying my signs to the traffic. just before i left i stopped to listen to a speaker and noticed you to my left, but you were having your ear chewed by an attendee. i would have said hello, but i gave up and went on my way. good to see you there though!

rebfan

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
oh, was that you? i spent 2.5 hrs at the roadside displaying my signs to the traffic. just before i left i stopped to listen to a speaker and noticed you to my left, but you were having your ear chewed by an attendee. i would have said hello, but i gave up and went on my way. good to see you there though!
Yup, that was me. You should have butted in anyway, the lady and I were just catching up on some old issues.Did you also oc?

rebfan

imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
OC, yes. never leave home without it.

Well, now I wished you would have stopped by. I also was at the protest last Independence Day and oc'ed, but did not see anyone else who was.