• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range time for the kids?

Beretta92FSLady

imported post

I have been thinking the whole day about maybe a kids day at the range. I am not sure how many people on here have children. At the OC meets it looks like there are only a few kids, I could be wrong.

I have a membership at a local range in the Tukwilla area and might be able to arrange a time on the weekend for parents and their kids to come to the range and shoot with their kids.

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if it sticks.

Sylvia

amzbrady

imported post

I so wish I was closer. I would love to get my daughter out and have her shoot. Would really love to find a place big enough for a large crowd of campers, (I have a 35' motorhome) where we could meet up for a weekend of camping, shooting, and BBQ'ing. Possibly near a creek so the kids could play.

oldkim

imported post

Slyvia,

I'm up for something if it works out with my workschedule. Let me know when you think and what age group.

I also have a Walther P22 for them to shoot plus I have 22 magazines for that baby.

No kids of my own (thank God) :p

StatTheCat

imported post

Evergreen gun club kids are free. You can shoot rifle and pistol.

(just say'n)

oneeyeross

imported post

I am so glad I live in a rural environ. Any time I or the kids want to shoot, we just go out back and do so...much nicer than having to pay someone...

Leatherneck

imported post

Would LOVE to, but can't. I was planning to take my 13 yr old step son shooting with a friend of his (and his friend's dad). My step son's dad found out and had a conniption fit! Thinks it's irresponsible and "dangerous to put a weapon in the hands of a 13 yr old".
:banghead:

We think he's jealous that I was taking his kid out to do something that resembles a father/son outing.

My wife was smart to divorce that jack ass!

amzbrady

imported post

Good to see you are respecting his wishes, Jackass or not...

Now instead take the kids dad out shooting, or invite him with you. Maybe you could change his mind, and it would be better for the kid to have both of you there, getting along.

amzbrady

imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
Sylvia Plath wrote:
invite him to see if he would like to go.
This guy won't even be in the same room as me. He's left some of the kids' events because I show up.

He's immature. Not my problem.
be the better man, at least extend the invitation. If he doesnt want to go oh well. I do wonder though? How does the mother feel about taking her son to the range? What if she takes him and you just tag along with them?

Leatherneck

imported post

Her and I have taken my oldest son shooting before. She thinks it's something all boys should learn (and girls if they're interested).

However, knowing that the dad doesn't want his son shooting, we will not go against that (until he's 18).

amzbrady

imported post

It's good to see you are respecting his wishes. The Mother, however is his mother and while she has custody, that should be her descision. I wonder what Dr Phil would think? Kudo's for at least getting him out once.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Leatherneck wrote:
Would LOVE to, but can't. I was planning to take my 13 yr old step son shooting with a friend of his (and his friend's dad). My step son's dad found out and had a conniption fit! Thinks it's irresponsible and "dangerous to put a weapon in the hands of a 13 yr old".
:banghead:

Wow........He probably wouldn't approve of a 5 year old either eh?
That's not my 10m rifle, that's his. At 7 (for his birthday) he got a Centennial Henry .22 Boy Scout rifle as well. The "sans powder" caps shoot very well out of it.

IMG_0130.JPG

At 5 he also knew the safety rules and to keep his finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

IMG_0138.JPG