Thread: IWB holster for OC?

Post imported post

Can't seem to find anything on whether or not tucking in your shirt behind an IWB holster is acceptable for OC in Colorado? Anyone carry this way?

Post imported post

Due to comfort I prefer not to OC this way. I prefer my Fobus holster outside as it allows me to move things around, especially when getting nto our out of the car. For me it is just a matter of comfort. As a bigger person, 6'5 I carry a Glock 17 which is considered a full size gun, as I don't like the feel of the smaller "compacts". I will be switching to a Sig Pro .357/.40 this weekend which is still considered a full size. I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with and the size of your gun, so to speak.

Post imported post

Comfort aside, whats the legality of it. For me, I can go from open to concealed simply by untucking my shirt.

Post imported post

As long as it is clearly discernible as a firearm to the average person it should be okay, but if you don't have a CHP I would be careful.

Post imported post

I was told by someone at a gun shop in Denver that even if you are carrying it just tucked into your pants, as long as you can see the grip and tell what item it is, it is legally open carried. I personally wouldn't carry this way because of comfort as well as the possibility of an LEO getting a hair up his... yeah... and arresting you for attempting to illegally conceal a firearm. As Ian said, if you have a concealed permit, don't worry about it and carry how you're comfortable, if you don't then be careful about it.