• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB holster for OC?

Nomadic

imported post

Can't seem to find anything on whether or not tucking in your shirt behind an IWB holster is acceptable for OC in Colorado? Anyone carry this way?

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Due to comfort I prefer not to OC this way. I prefer my Fobus holster outside as it allows me to move things around, especially when getting nto our out of the car. For me it is just a matter of comfort. As a bigger person, 6'5 I carry a Glock 17 which is considered a full size gun, as I don't like the feel of the smaller "compacts". I will be switching to a Sig Pro .357/.40 this weekend which is still considered a full size. I guess it depends on what you are comfortable with and the size of your gun, so to speak.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

As long as it is clearly discernible as a firearm to the average person it should be okay, but if you don't have a CHP I would be careful.

ZackL

imported post

I was told by someone at a gun shop in Denver that even if you are carrying it just tucked into your pants, as long as you can see the grip and tell what item it is, it is legally open carried. I personally wouldn't carry this way because of comfort as well as the possibility of an LEO getting a hair up his... yeah... and arresting you for attempting to illegally conceal a firearm. As Ian said, if you have a concealed permit, don't worry about it and carry how you're comfortable, if you don't then be careful about it.