• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Albertsons

G

imported post

I have been ocing a little more here and there in Boulder City. Mostly in the morning when I'm heading to Vegas for work since I have my shirt tucked in at that time. After work I tend to get comfortable and pull out my shirt which hides my weapon. I don't see many people out at this time of the morning but hey it's a start.

So far1 of our 7/11s (we have 2),2 gas stations and the credit union and no problems. I even ran into a BC cop at the credit union ATM who didn't say a thing other than good morning.

My next spot is Albertsons but being that I'm a little shy and that's our place to shopI decided to email and ask them how they felt about OC. I received a phone call from the head of loss prevention in Vegas who said he had never had a request like mine to open carry in Albertsons. We discussed Starbucks and Walmarts view about following state law and he said he would pass it on to the lawyers. The next day I got another call and was told that they would be following state law and there would no problem ocing in any Albertsons but naturally CC would be better. I need to call him back and get the correct spelling of his name so I can post it. So looks like one more business that we can support.

doninvegas

imported post

I OC and CC at Albertsons at Boulder hwy and lake mead all the time.. twice a week some times...never a problem....

Enjoy the freedom...:)

Sabotage70

imported post

Cool. I Was just in one today(Warmsprings & Rainbow). I had to put some money in the bank that they have in there. Not just today, I have oc'ed in there plenty of times. Never had any problems.

The Big Guy

imported post

My wife always tells me it's better to ask forgiveness than ask permission. In short, I would never ask ahead of time. Just go about your business and if they don't wantyou therethey'll let you know. If you feel you must ask, then youmay not really believe it's your right. The more uncomfortable you are, the more your body language will make others nervous. Confidence is the key.

BG

G

imported post

One thing before I leave the forum.

I don't know why you give everyone crap about asking permission but I didn't. All I did was ask them their policy on oc.I chose to find out in advance how they felt about oc before I did it.Everyone here that oc's into a new place is doing the same thing I did, trying to find out the stores policy on oc. I just chose to find out in a non confrontational way.
I carry into our Albertsons and everywhere else every time I enter, I just chose cc over oc andI'm trying to branch out.
I have said it in a previous post that I support everyones right to oc I just cc.So I'll just lurk and continue about my business cc or oc my choice.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Greg H wrote:
Everyone here that oc's into a new place is doing the same thing I did, trying to find out the stores policy on oc. I just chose to find out in a non confrontational way.
Greg-

I would just like to comment that I generally don't care what a store's policy is on open carry. If I'm asked to leave, I'm asked to leave. I do not enter a place merely to find out it's policy, or to have a confrontation. As others have suggested, if you OC and don't act like you're nervous or suspicious, 99%+ of people ignore you. And any confrontation usually ends in a positive reaction as opposed to negative one.

Tim

Vegassteve

imported post

Greg H wrote:
I don't know why you give everyone crap about asking permission

One good reason is you dont really know who you have on the other end of the line. Maybe it is a person in charge maybe not. And maybe they are giving you a opinion not fact. And as a rule many in the public dont know or understand OC so they just hear the word gun. And when they do many are just sheep and say no. Why? Because like many on this forum they dont understand what the law really is. So they just give a no based on what they "think".