• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond Tea Party¦They seem to have taken a turn for the better

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:
richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:
richarcm wrote:
I did not attend the Bailey's event so I can not speak for that one way or the other. But that is more of a problem with Bailey's I would think than the TEA Party.
Wait a minute and think about what you said. Going by that line of thought, the Freedom Rally last summer was a mistake. VCDL should realize it's a problem with Innsbrook, not the Republican party.

I did attend the Chesterfield event. And yes parking was sparse but I did, as did a fellow OCing friend of mine, find parking just down the street away from the school. It just meant we were forced to get a few minutes of exercise (not a huge inconvenience).

We were directed into the parking lot by a Chesterfield Cop.

Like I said, they're better.
You are comparing a group of representatives who are very well aware of gun law, 2nd Amendment issues and support that they directly receive in accordance with those laws and rights to a group of citizens who's main focus is excessive taxation.

Apples and Cucumbers.
No, it's not Apples and Cucumbers.

The Tea Party is saying "Come on over and support us...but the place we rented doesn't allow guns. Might want to keep your opinions to yourself too..The manager is sensitive"

This fellow withe the Tea Party, told me "But they have 21 TV's". Sound like Linwood's argument for Innsbrook?

539__320x240_tea-1.jpg

richarcm

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
richarcm wrote:
You are comparing a group of representatives who are very well aware of gun law, 2nd Amendment issues and support that they directly receive in accordance with those laws and rights to a group of citizens who's main focus is excessive taxation.

Apples and Cucumbers.
Main focus is excessive taxation?

That has never been my understanding. Always saw/understood this to be against intrusive government involvement in all aspects of our lives.

Official Home of the American Tea Party Movement

A community committed to standing together, shoulder to shoulder, to protect our country and the Constitution upon which we were founded!
http://teapartypatriots.ning.com/

If locally one group has been excluded or not fully considered, where does the problem lie and how hard would it me to fix?

Yata hey
T.E.A. is an acronym which does and has always stood for Taxed Enough Already. Their primary focus are taxes and spending.

richarcm

imported post

peter nap wrote:
richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:
richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:
richarcm wrote:
I did not attend the Bailey's event so I can not speak for that one way or the other. But that is more of a problem with Bailey's I would think than the TEA Party.
Wait a minute and think about what you said. Going by that line of thought, the Freedom Rally last summer was a mistake. VCDL should realize it's a problem with Innsbrook, not the Republican party.

I did attend the Chesterfield event. And yes parking was sparse but I did, as did a fellow OCing friend of mine, find parking just down the street away from the school. It just meant we were forced to get a few minutes of exercise (not a huge inconvenience).

We were directed into the parking lot by a Chesterfield Cop.

Like I said, they're better.

Apples and Cucumbers.
No, it's not Apples and Cucumbers.

The Tea Party is saying "Come on over and support us...but the place we rented doesn't allow guns. Might want to keep your opinions to yourself too..The manager is sensitive"

This fellow withe the Tea Party, told me "But they have 21 TV's". Sound like Linwood's argument for Innsbrook?

539__320x240_tea-1.jpg
Its completely different because our Representatives are very well versed on gun issues, law and rights. That is their job. That and they have become multiple offenders. TEA party activists are just regular people not necessarily focused on or familiar with 2A issues. It is OUR job to teach them. If we refuse to then they will NEVER learn. MOST people are unaware of gun laws and concerns prior to becoming a part of the movement. That is not necessarily anti or explicitly telling us that we are not welcome. And again, EVEN IF (which is not the case in my opinion), the TEA Party organizations are aware of gun law and issues and just simply have some animosity towards our movement....shouldn't we be trying to un-brainwash them? Isn't that our main goal anyways?

richarcm

imported post

There are SO MANY potential VCDL members and open carriers at TEA Parties that simply don't know any better because they've never had anyone teach them of the positive aspects of guns. And because the 2A movement looks more for reasons not to support them than TO support them we will forever be two movements fighting for the same things but in opposition. Its just so silly to me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

It is OUR job to teach them. If we refuse to then they will NEVER learn. MOST people are unaware of gun laws and concerns prior to becoming a part of the movement.
They were well aware, they just didn't care.

..shouldn't we be trying to un-brainwash them? Isn't that our main goal anyways?
Maybe someone, but I'm still trying to un-brainwash some of our own people.

Besides...I said they were better. What do you want, an egg in your beer?:p

I'd say that's a pretty big step from "They can all go to Hell".

richarcm

imported post

peter nap wrote:
It is OUR job to teach them. If we refuse to then they will NEVER learn. MOST people are unaware of gun laws and concerns prior to becoming a part of the movement.

..shouldn't we be trying to un-brainwash them? Isn't that our main goal anyways?

How can you tell what their knowledge of gun laws, issues, rights are?

LOL....I get your point. I'll keep working on you in the future. :)

Baby steps.

richarcm

imported post

richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Baby steps.
On a similar issue I was thinking of attending a local young republicans happy hour meeting one day. However I received a Facebook message ensuring us that the restaurant was smoke free. That rubbed me the wrong way. I emailed the lady back and asked her what kind of Republican group would be trying to limit someones legal right to smoke so freely? She replied with a line about the Virginia smoking ban. Either she was trying to play ignorant or was ignorant. But I told her that smoking was not BANNED in Virginia. There were however some rules that had to be obeyed in order to allow it. Never received a reply after that.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

richarcm wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Baby steps.

BTW, their slideshow is here. It will fall off of the front page when tonight's stories syndicate.
http://news.oldva.org/?p=23115

I also have a couple hundred of their pictures uploading now.
They will be in this album:
http://www.photos.oldva.org/thumbnails.php?album=34

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Then I remember him well. He ws one of the Teabaggers that prompted this thread and my belief that not all Tea Party people were anti gun.

He also had no idea one of his own group was the one that wrote the famous anti gun email I published.:lol:
Kinda upset him as I recall.

Tell him I said hello!

Speaking of Tom, if he's ever in town, I'll be happy to make the drive to buy him a drink. I'll pass (I hear the Bartender at Cha Chas whizzes in the drinks) but I'll be delighted to buy all Tom wants.

devil.jpg

Thundar

Here is a response that I received from the VP of the Richmond TEA Party to an email I sent him in regards to this same exact subject:

Chris:

... Don’t forget that RTP was a huge supporter of HB69, and our lobbyist/activist volunteer did a TON of work in the general assembly to try to get that passed. There are so many different pathways we’re exploring right now that it’s just not been in the forefront of discussion outside of the GA legislation. Do the pro-gunners realize and understand all the work we did for HB69?...

-Eric

Eric is, of course corect.

HB 69 was the Virginia Firearms Freedom Act. While VCDL was busy promoting Perks for Permittees in the General Assembley, the Libertarians and Tea party folks were fighting hard for GUN RIGHTS!

That is why I do not provide monetary support to VCDL. My money goes to those that fight for my rights, not perks for permittees.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Yeah I know not all tea party are pro gun, and the Virginia Libertarians once supported John Redcloud, but as organizations they fight pretty damn hard for gun rights.

Last edited: