• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns Only Carried If Lisc'd??

123wer456wer789wer

imported post

In Denver, you can't legally open carry. You can carry concealed only if you get a permit. Permits can be denied easily, for any reason by the sheriff. You need the permission of the sheriff to carry a gun when you have a right under the US Constitution? What!?!?!?

groovedrummer

imported post

123wer456wer789wer wrote:
In Denver, you can't legally open carry. You can carry concealed only if you get a permit. Permits can be denied easily, for any reason by the sheriff. You need the permission of the sheriff to carry a gun when you have a right under the US Constitution? What!?!?!?
++++1111111!!!

only allowing carry with a permit un-constitutional to the max

keep and bear arms (own and carry guns)

but they have by default turned it into a privilege

a right is not a privilege ITS A RIGHT!

I stay away from denver...its just a big filthy city anyway.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Tennessee is a "shall issue" State. Since they can take a permit away for any reason they come up with does it really mean anything?

cscitney87

imported post

Denver is extremely beautiful. Wolf, your comments are unfounded; as Denver is certainly not Filthy in any regard. Most cities are home to trash in the gutters, steaming sewers, plastic bags and cups in the road, cigarette butts everywhere...

If you honestly; HONESTLY believe that Denver is a "filthy" city to be avoided at all costs- well I guess I just feel bad and sorry for you.

Although Denver's OC ban is aggravating, irritating, and wrong- No need to Bash the city/county.

By the way I don't live in Denver proper and I was born and raised in Detroit until 2006.

By the way; Denver's OC ban was ruled Constitutional via "Home Rule" which is VALID and a REASONABLE piece of our Colorado Constitution. The debate is between;

Colorado Constitution Right To Keep and Bear Arms (not being infringed)

VS

Colorado Constitution HOME RULE rights and governance. (local governance)

For further information; visit our Colorado section as we have about 9,999,992,348,234,234,999,999,999,992,342,342,348 threads dealing with this exact issue.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

123wer456wer789wer wrote:
Colorado has been a shall-issue state for concealed carry for the last 7 years.

After passage of Colorado's shall-issue and preemption laws in 2003, Denvers ordinances were challenged under the preemption statutes. However, the District Court upheld some of them (including the OC ban) and the decision was affirmed due to a disqualified justice and a tie among the remaining justices on the Colorado Supreme Court.

As far as the constitutional question goes, I agree with you, but the courts do not. Before preemption, Denver's ordinances were challenged on constitutional grounds. However, the Colorado Court of Appeals affirmed the constitutionality ofthose ordinances in Trinen v. City and County of Denver, 53 P.3d 754 (Colo. App. 2002). This question should be relitigated after McDonald andHeller IIare decided by the Supreme Court.