• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TAX DAY "Tea Parties" -- Did you OC?

We-the-People

imported post

I OC'd at the Medford Tax Day tea party today. half a dozen or more Medford PD officers were about and while I'm sure I was observed, none contacted me (though they did pass close by and eyeball me discreetly). The wife joined me for the last hour or so (had to come from work) and the darling OC'd as well which is not her normal mode of carry.

The media either didn't see me or wasn't interested, not sure which but that's fine. I thought they might want an interview with "the gun nut" and wasn't looking forward to it as you KNOW they cut the tape to make you look stupid even if you don't make any mistakes in your words.

I ran into a member of my local Pro 2A site by accident, never met before, and had a good talk though it took us quite some time to figure out that we were both on my site.

So, anyone else OC to a tax party?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

In Olympia and Downtown Seattle....

Nickinfrontofcrowd1.jpg

We-the-People

imported post

OUTSTANDING.

Since my wife came from work and didn't bring the camera I don't have any pics. I think I will contact a member of my local site that was there and see if he has contact info for the gentleman he was talking with that was doing video.

We need MORE OC at such events so that it becomes the NORM

TheHossUSMC

imported post

I did in Eugene Oregon. I didn't see anyone else but I had about 30 people come up and tell me they were ccwing it up. I had about 10 different cops come up and tell me to make sure to stay off the federal property, because the geniuses who did the Eugene one did it at the federal courthouse. All I said was I am aware of Oregon and Federal laws and didn't say anything else. I kinda wish I woulda brought my AK slung across my back cuz I didn't get any wierd looks from anyone.
I had anticipated the media talking to me and dressed very nicely and shaved, most of northwesterners have beards. I was just going to say "I don't know what the big deal is I do this every day" Oh well It was fun to watch the cops sweat a bit as I was standing inches from Federal property as it was quit crowded on the sidewalk. Actually one cop said "just keep good retention on that in this big crowd." I assured him that I was capable of retaining my weapon and walked away.

We-the-People

imported post

It sounds to me like those officers were trying to be helpful rather than harassing though the tone and inflection of their voices just don't seem to come through on a web board.

Were they of the tone and inflection of "friendly reminders" that they didn't want to have to ding you if you got onto the fed property or was it more like "go ahead, make my day"? Benefit of the doubt, as most officers truly are good, makes me want to lean towards "freindly reminder". Particularly when fed property was so close.

I have no complaints of the police presense at our get together in Medford. I am sure that they were aware of me as I was sure to remain in a fairly clear area most of the time and the previously mentioned "passing while eyeballing". I EXPECT them to observe as it is a somewhat ballsy, not yet normal, activity to attend a political rally with an exposed sidearm. I also expect that they will observe the rules, as I do. I was pleasantly surprised though as after the Pyles incident here I thought there might be more than just an eyeballing.

TheHossUSMC

imported post

They were fairly pleasant. But They don't walk up to people and remind them not to cross the crosswalk when it says stop. It's perfectly lawful, and shouldn't be unatural, to carry a personal defense weapon anywhere. People are pissed, and rightfully so, that we can't defend ourselves when we have a constitutional right to "bear" arms. Anything that is not specifically prohibited is therefore lawful. Our founding fathers were apprehensive of attaching a bill of rights for the sole reason they thought people might think those are the only rights we have. Which tends to be true today.

Sorry I get worked up over government bullcrap. I'm glad you had no problems!

We-the-People

imported post

TheHossUSMC wrote:
They were fairly pleasant. But They don't walk up to people and remind them not to cross the crosswalk when it says stop. It's perfectly lawful, and shouldn't be unatural, to carry a personal defense weapon anywhere. People are pissed, and rightfully so, that we can't defend ourselves when we have a constitutional right to "bear" arms. Anything that is not specifically prohibited is therefore lawful. Our founding fathers were apprehensive of attaching a bill of rights for the sole reason they thought people might think those are the only rights we have. Which tends to be true today.

Sorry I get worked up over government bullcrap. I'm glad you had no problems!

I was just considering the possibility that they were on our side and wanted to make sure they didn't have to "ding" you in case you forgot or didn't know about the fed property. Wasn't there so just I was just wondering what your take was on the attitide of the officers.

I have to agree on the getting worked up over government BS. Must be a side effect of having seen so much of it in the Corps. Then again, I did two tours in DC and propably saw a lot more of it that many.

Semper Fi