• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fellow o.c.'er Jeremy S interviewed on channel 7 news during Tea Party

ecocks

imported post

Also heartening that no notice was taken of his or others gun.

Don Quijote

imported post

Well, I guess I should say something since it was me!

First off, it was aTaurus PT-92, not a 1911. One of these days when I have more money I do want to get a 1911, but alas, it will have to wait.

The whole tea party was very enjoyable. It is not easy to see from the video clip, but my Dad and two brothers were also open carrying. As we marched a gentlemen in his 60's told us he apprecieted us having the guts to open carry. Later a group of young women told us the same thing. A gentleman visiting from Minnasota came up and asked us what the laws were regarding open carry in Idaho. Every conversation was polite and enjoyable.

We were situated away from the crowd when the news interviewer came to speak to us. It was very obvious that four of us were armed, but he never said anything that indicated he was afraid or bothered. The only thing he said about it was "I guess it is obvious where you stand on the second amendment."

I got to meet Zman, and saw one other open carrier, but he was always moving so I did not get a chance to speak to him.

Things that did not happen: No one yelled or was offended, no pistols left their holsters, and no pistols caused havoc or mass murder on their own.

On the whole a good day for open carrying.