Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Chase Bank not gun friendly?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    , Maryland, USA
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    I ran across this in another forum. Seems I need to rethink my relationship with Chase Bank.

    http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/gu...549-chase.html

    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8119/img1236x.jpg

  2. #2
    Regular Member ItTakesAWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    Im in awe, thank god I don't use chase...and if I did, I wouldn't be using them anymore.
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    I am still waiting for my bank (Credit Union, actually) to develop a policy. I don't want to OC in there and become a test case. My wife works there, and I'd hate to negatively impact her employment.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    Crap! I have an auto loan with Chase and I own my own business so nobody will give me a loan (I don't have 2 years of tax returns yet).

    I've gotta find a way to get my money away from those bigots. That's straight up discrimination. I wonder if they allow people to open accounts that buy tobacco or alchohol? They had no problem taking on my auto loan, yet cars kill more people than firearms every year.

    This makes me sick. We need to pass this on so every owner of a firearm makes sure they pull their money out, or make sure it stays far away from these jerks.

    Just did a quick search to confirm this and found nothing to the contrary. I also found this...

    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15299

    I guess I need to get rid of my loan from citi financial too.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    I'll probably catch some flak for this, but...

    I think Chase has a perfect right to disallow guns on their premises. (And, I do mean "right." Their rights are just as important as ours.) However, we have the right to associate with them or not.

    Tell them you don't like their policy, and take your business elsewhere. I realize that there are practical considerations. However, given time and creativity, you can disentangle yourself from folks whose policies you find unacceptable.

    I think it is more effective if disentangling is done matter-or-factly with the reason made clear. We should avoid adopting the emotionality--and the emotionally-charged words--of the antis.

  6. #6
    Regular Member ItTakesAWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    Because you run a company that buys and sells guns, your money isn't green?

    what a foolish decision to make as a bank....do they have ANY IDEA what amount of money gun shops put through there banks??

    not to mention how gun sales have been these last few years.

    whatever...let em be stupid.
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

  7. #7
    Regular Member ItTakesAWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Westminster, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    I'll probably catch some flak for this, but...

    I think Chase has a perfect right to disallow guns on their premises. (And, I do mean "right." Their rights are just as important as ours.) However, we have the right to associate with them or not.

    Tell them you don't like their policy, and take your business elsewhere. I realize that there are practical considerations. However, given time and creativity, you can disentangle yourself from folks whose policies you find unacceptable.

    I think it is more effective if disentangling is done matter-or-factly with the reason made clear. We should avoid adopting the emotionality--and the emotionally-charged words--of the antis.
    ya, we didnt say anything about it not being there right to make a decision like that...

    where just spreading the word as consumers, and discussing the removal of OUR money because of OUR personal disagreement with there policy...which is OUR right...welcome to America
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    ItTakesAWolf wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    I'll probably catch some flak for this, but...

    I think Chase has a perfect right to disallow guns on their premises. (And, I do mean "right." Their rights are just as important as ours.) However, we have the right to associate with them or not.

    Tell them you don't like their policy, and take your business elsewhere. I realize that there are practical considerations. However, given time and creativity, you can disentangle yourself from folks whose policies you find unacceptable.

    I think it is more effective if disentangling is done matter-or-factly with the reason made clear. We should avoid adopting the emotionality--and the emotionally-charged words--of the antis.
    ya, we didnt say anything about it not being there right to make a decision like that...

    where just spreading the word as consumers, and discussing the removal of OUR money because of OUR personal disagreement with there policy...which is OUR right...welcome to America
    It's just that I know that emotions run high on this issue. However, if we say at the bank some of the things we say here, we will cement the misimpression these antis have of gun rights advocates.

    Let's let the antis be emotional; and let's be rational.

  9. #9
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    I am going to use my chase card for ammo purchases now!!!!!!!!!!!
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    I am going to use my chase card for ammo purchases now!!!!!!!!!!!
    Then put the ammo through the chase card?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bunkie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    The RKBA was so important that our Founders listed 2nd only
    behind religious and political speech, as we all know.
    Private property open to the public, as a business ,is
    different than property that is not. You can deny access to
    your home for any reason i.e. race, gender, religion ,the way
    they smell, any reason that you so desire. When you have
    a business open to the public, you give up the right to deny
    access on a discriminatory basis .
    If it is legal to OC in your state, constitutionally, a business
    can not abridge your right to carry. The only basis that they
    can deny you of your right is if it interferes with the normal
    course of business. Free speech is not checked at the door.
    If someone at that business, employee or customer, says
    "I love Obama" you have every right to say "I hate Obama".
    If they say"there is no god",you have every right to say
    "God is and almighty".Your free speech is not abridge.
    Only when you use that speech to disrupt the normal course
    of business,can you be denied access.Same thing with
    carrying a firearm. If you innocently and legally carry a
    firearm into a business, it does not in and of itself cause
    a disruption of the normal course of business,only by an
    over reaction of the employees, does a disruption occur .

    Just my opinion,for what it's worth.



  12. #12
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Hunterdave wrote:
    The RKBA was so important that our Founders listed 2nd only
    behind religious and political speech, as we all know.
    Private property open to the public, as a business ,is
    different than property that is not. You can deny access to
    your home for any reason i.e. race, gender, religion ,the way
    they smell, any reason that you so desire. When you have
    a business open to the public, you give up the right to deny
    access on a discriminatory basis .
    If it is legal to OC in your state, constitutionally, a business
    can not abridge your right to carry. The only basis that they
    can deny you of your right is if it interferes with the normal
    course of business. Free speech is not checked at the door.
    If someone at that business, employee or customer, says
    "I love Obama" you have every right to say "I hate Obama".
    If they say"there is no god",you have every right to say
    "God is and almighty".Your free speech is not abridge.
    Only when you use that speech to disrupt the normal course
    of business,can you be denied access.Same thing with
    carrying a firearm. If you innocently and legally carry a
    firearm into a business, it does not in and of itself cause
    a disruption of the normal course of business,only by an
    over reaction of the employees, does a disruption occur .
    You wouldn't happen to know of/have a cite that would substantiate this statement, would you? Could be very helpful.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    "Public accommodation" is a canard invented to take away rights. How is it that, simply because one chooses to conduct business with others at a storefront, he should lose his God-given right of association?

    I understand why this legal theory came about. It was designed to correct racism. While it was noble of purpose, its design is a stain on Freedom. If you allow this shameful excuse to rob individuals of their Freedom, someday some other legal concept, with just as altruistic a purpose, will be used to rob you of your rights.

    Anyway, as a matter of practicality, at least in Alabama, I know of no law or court ruling using the vile concept of public accommodation stripping the owner of an establishment of his right to choose to associate or not to associate with folks bearing arms.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bunkie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    "Public accommodation" is a canard invented to take away rights. How is it that, simply because one chooses to conduct business with others at a storefront, he should lose his God-given right of association?

    I understand why this legal theory came about. It was designed to correct racism. While it was noble of purpose, its design is a stain on Freedom. If you allow this shameful excuse to rob individuals of their Freedom, someday some other legal concept, with just as altruistic a purpose, will be used to rob you of your rights.

    Anyway, as a matter of practicality, at least in Alabama, I know of no law or court ruling using the vile concept of public accommodation stripping the owner of an establishment of his right to choose to associate or not to associate with folks bearing arms.
    I agree totally with you on this. If you have a privately owned business you should
    be able to deny access to anyone, for any reason. For being white,black,fat ugly,
    bald, big nose or just don't like you. But, unfortunately laws have changed that.
    We can't stand back there at a time before these laws were enacted, stomping
    our foot,saying"that ain't fair". The way things are currently, is what we have to
    work with.
    We must say " if that applies to this, it must also apply to this". If we do not,
    they get everything they want, and we lose all our rights .
    Private business have already lost their right to determine who they do business with. We now have to work
    within these repressive laws and try to maintain our rights and also try to educate people about those rights and maybe in doing so,
    people will realize what they have lost and fight to fix it.

    Just my humble opinion

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bunkie, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    216

    Post imported post

    All I'm really saying is; if the gov't can compel me by law to
    allow ,let's say an atheist , into my business it should also
    compel them to allow me, doing a constitutional act, that is
    not immoral , does not interrupt their business and is totally
    neutral to them, except in the absolute constitutionality of
    said act.
    I disagree with the gov't being able to compel you to do
    business with anyone and think if more people were more
    aware of their rights and what rights they have lost,
    carrying a firearm into a business would be no big deal
    in most places
    bigdaddy
    Do not have a cite, no test case that I know of.

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348

    Post imported post

    there are lot's of banks out there......, we need to compile a list of OC Friendly banks.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    Eye, you're right. We need to try to keep calm and rational to prove our point. We also need to make sure the people that are discriminating against gun owners are well aware how we feel (hence my frustrated "tone" in my first post).

    I worked at a company where I had to frequently drive through Baltimore (you know, the heart of the communist republic of MD). There was more than one instance where I was hollered at from the street asking me "What are you doin' 'round here whitey!?". I liken that to people saying "Why are you carrying a gun you crazy person?". Bigotry comes in many forms. I express my disdain for all of it.

    If these banks are trying to make sure they stay out of "political issues" or trying to make sure they stay "pc", then they should go the whole way. They should refuse accounts from churches, republican and democratic organizations, any organization that sells tobacco or alchohol, and any other entity that has a political or "touchy" issue. Then they would only be left with the free checking accounts for people that just pay their bills. They'd make no money and have to shut down.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063

    Post imported post

    I hear ya, man. I am actually amazed at how many businesses take note of my OC pistol and say nothing (or say something totally non-critical. In Sam's today, the checker asked, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" I said, "Close. Dan Wesson.)

    If anyone ever does ask me to leave (hasn't happened yet), I'll just say, "That's OK, so-and-so has no objection." Just let 'em know that there are alternatives.

    We are rational. They are emotional. And, that's the end of the story.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    Glock34 wrote:
    there are lot's of banks out there......, we need to compile a list of OC Friendly banks.
    I've OC'd in PNC in Littlestown with no issues. Even had a discussion with the branch manager and she never even mentioned my weapon. Very positive experiences.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Adams County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    164

    Post imported post

    eye95 wrote:
    I hear ya, man. I am actually amazed at how many businesses take note of my OC pistol and say nothing (or say something totally non-critical. In Sam's today, the checker asked, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" I said, "Close. Dan Wesson.)

    If anyone ever does ask me to leave (hasn't happened yet), I'll just say, "That's OK, so-and-so has no objection." Just let 'em know that there are alternatives.

    We are rational. They are emotional. And, that's the end of the story.
    +1... by the way, just looked up the dan wessons. They are nice lookin' guns! Some of them are expensive as heck though! (sorry, thread hi jack. Back to banks...)

  21. #21
    Regular Member okboomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,164

    Post imported post

    Wait a minit' ... didn't Chase take bail out money? If they did, then where do they get off discriminating against ANY legal business?

    Personally, I have found that a "local" bank is more in tune with local businesses and state laws.


    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

    Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    here is the same story from 2002... seems like this one has been out there a while.

    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100489


    I heard Mikey from the Life cereal commercial drank coke and ate poprocks and died !!! :celebrate

  23. #23
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    Whats your point Choptop? That Chase bank feels so bad about Mikey dying they decided to be biased andbigots and not operate a business fairly and equitably?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2

    Post imported post

    bigdaddy1 wrote:
    Whats your point Choptop? That Chase bank feels so bad about Mikey dying they decided to be biased andbigots and not operate a business fairly and equitably?
    the point is, its seems like an urban legend. Pops up every couple of years or so.

    Guess I'm a little more skeptical over things... ala.. if its posted on an internet forum, it HAS to be true.

  25. #25
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320

    Post imported post

    I'm somewhat dissapointed, you mean it has nothing to do with Mickey?



    By the way, welcome to the forum:celebrate
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •