• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chase Bank not gun friendly?

groovedrummer

imported post

Im in awe, thank god I don't use chase...and if I did, I wouldn't be using them anymore.

eye95

imported post

I am still waiting for my bank (Credit Union, actually) to develop a policy. I don't want to OC in there and become a test case. My wife works there, and I'd hate to negatively impact her employment.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Crap! I have an auto loan with Chase and I own my own business so nobody will give me a loan (I don't have 2 years of tax returns yet).

I've gotta find a way to get my money away from those bigots. That's straight up discrimination. I wonder if they allow people to open accounts that buy tobacco or alchohol? They had no problem taking on my auto loan, yet cars kill more people than firearms every year.

This makes me sick. We need to pass this on so every owner of a firearm makes sure they pull their money out, or make sure it stays far away from these jerks.

Just did a quick search to confirm this and found nothing to the contrary. I also found this...

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=15299

I guess I need to get rid of my loan from citi financial too.

eye95

imported post

I'll probably catch some flak for this, but...

I think Chase has a perfect right to disallow guns on their premises. (And, I do mean "right." Their rights are just as important as ours.) However, we have the right to associate with them or not.

Tell them you don't like their policy, and take your business elsewhere. I realize that there are practical considerations. However, given time and creativity, you can disentangle yourself from folks whose policies you find unacceptable.

I think it is more effective if disentangling is done matter-or-factly with the reason made clear. We should avoid adopting the emotionality--and the emotionally-charged words--of the antis.

groovedrummer

imported post

Because you run a company that buys and sells guns, your money isn't green?

what a foolish decision to make as a bank....do they have ANY IDEA what amount of money gun shops put through there banks??

not to mention how gun sales have been these last few years.

whatever...let em be stupid.

groovedrummer

imported post

eye95 wrote:

I think Chase has a perfect right to disallow guns on their premises. (And, I do mean "right." Their rights are just as important as ours.) However, we have the right to associate with them or not.

Tell them you don't like their policy, and take your business elsewhere. I realize that there are practical considerations. However, given time and creativity, you can disentangle yourself from folks whose policies you find unacceptable.

I think it is more effective if disentangling is done matter-or-factly with the reason made clear. We should avoid adopting the emotionality--and the emotionally-charged words--of the antis.

ya, we didnt say anything about it not being there right to make a decision like that...

where just spreading the word as consumers, and discussing the removal of OUR money because of OUR personal disagreement with there policy...which is OUR right...welcome to America :)

eye95

imported post

ItTakesAWolf wrote:
eye95 wrote:

ya, we didnt say anything about it not being there right to make a decision like that...

where just spreading the word as consumers, and discussing the removal of OUR money because of OUR personal disagreement with there policy...which is OUR right...welcome to America :)
It's just that I know that emotions run high on this issue. However, if we say at the bank some of the things we say here, we will cement the misimpression these antis have of gun rights advocates.

Let's let the antis be emotional; and let's be rational.

Hunterdave

imported post

The RKBA was so important that our Founders listed 2nd only
behind religious and political speech, as we all know.
Private property open to the public, as a business ,is
different than property that is not. You can deny access to
your home for any reason i.e. race, gender, religion ,the way
they smell, any reason that you so desire. When you have
a business open to the public, you give up the right to deny
access on a discriminatory basis .
If it is legal to OC in your state, constitutionally, a business
can not abridge your right to carry. The only basis that they
can deny you of your right is if it interferes with the normal
course of business. Free speech is not checked at the door.
If someone at that business, employee or customer, says
"I love Obama" you have every right to say "I hate Obama".
If they say"there is no god",you have every right to say
"God is and almighty".Your free speech is not abridge.
Only when you use that speech to disrupt the normal course
of business,can you be denied access.Same thing with
carrying a firearm. If you innocently and legally carry a
firearm into a business, it does not in and of itself cause
a disruption of the normal course of business,only by an
over reaction of the employees, does a disruption occur .

Just my opinion,for what it's worth.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Hunterdave wrote:
The RKBA was so important that our Founders listed 2nd only
behind religious and political speech, as we all know.
Private property open to the public, as a business ,is
different than property that is not. You can deny access to
your home for any reason i.e. race, gender, religion ,the way
they smell, any reason that you so desire. When you have
a business open to the public, you give up the right to deny
access on a discriminatory basis .
If it is legal to OC in your state, constitutionally, a business
can not abridge your right to carry. The only basis that they
can deny you of your right is if it interferes with the normal
course of business. Free speech is not checked at the door.
If someone at that business, employee or customer, says
"I love Obama" you have every right to say "I hate Obama".
If they say"there is no god",you have every right to say
"God is and almighty".Your free speech is not abridge.
Only when you use that speech to disrupt the normal course
of business,can you be denied access.Same thing with
carrying a firearm. If you innocently and legally carry a
firearm into a business, it does not in and of itself cause
a disruption of the normal course of business,only by an
over reaction of the employees, does a disruption occur .
You wouldn't happen to know of/have a cite that would substantiate this statement, would you? Could be very helpful.

eye95

imported post

"Public accommodation" is a canard invented to take away rights. How is it that, simply because one chooses to conduct business with others at a storefront, he should lose his God-given right of association?

I understand why this legal theory came about. It was designed to correct racism. While it was noble of purpose, its design is a stain on Freedom. If you allow this shameful excuse to rob individuals of their Freedom, someday some other legal concept, with just as altruistic a purpose, will be used to rob you of your rights.

Anyway, as a matter of practicality, at least in Alabama, I know of no law or court ruling using the vile concept of public accommodation stripping the owner of an establishment of his right to choose to associate or not to associate with folks bearing arms.

Hunterdave

imported post

eye95 wrote:
"Public accommodation" is a canard invented to take away rights. How is it that, simply because one chooses to conduct business with others at a storefront, he should lose his God-given right of association?

I understand why this legal theory came about. It was designed to correct racism. While it was noble of purpose, its design is a stain on Freedom. If you allow this shameful excuse to rob individuals of their Freedom, someday some other legal concept, with just as altruistic a purpose, will be used to rob you of your rights.

Anyway, as a matter of practicality, at least in Alabama, I know of no law or court ruling using the vile concept of public accommodation stripping the owner of an establishment of his right to choose to associate or not to associate with folks bearing arms.
I agree totally with you on this. If you have a privately owned business you should
be able to deny access to anyone, for any reason. For being white,black,fat ugly,
bald, big nose or just don't like you. But, unfortunately laws have changed that.
We can't stand back there at a time before these laws were enacted, stomping
our foot,saying"that ain't fair". The way things are currently, is what we have to
work with.
We must say " if that applies to this, it must also apply to this". If we do not,
they get everything they want, and we lose all our rights .
Private business have already lost their right to determine who they do business with. We now have to work
within these repressive laws and try to maintain our rights and also try to educate people about those rights and maybe in doing so,
people will realize what they have lost and fight to fix it.

Just my humble opinion

Hunterdave

imported post

All I'm really saying is; if the gov't can compel me by law to
allow ,let's say an atheist , into my business it should also
compel them to allow me, doing a constitutional act, that is
not immoral , does not interrupt their business and is totally
neutral to them, except in the absolute constitutionality of
said act.
I disagree with the gov't being able to compel you to do
business with anyone and think if more people were more
aware of their rights and what rights they have lost,
carrying a firearm into a business would be no big deal
in most places
bigdaddy
Do not have a cite, no test case that I know of.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Eye, you're right. We need to try to keep calm and rational to prove our point. We also need to make sure the people that are discriminating against gun owners are well aware how we feel (hence my frustrated "tone" in my first post).

I worked at a company where I had to frequently drive through Baltimore (you know, the heart of the communist republic of MD). There was more than one instance where I was hollered at from the street asking me "What are you doin' 'round here whitey!?". I liken that to people saying "Why are you carrying a gun you crazy person?". Bigotry comes in many forms. I express my disdain for all of it.

If these banks are trying to make sure they stay out of "political issues" or trying to make sure they stay "pc", then they should go the whole way. They should refuse accounts from churches, republican and democratic organizations, any organization that sells tobacco or alchohol, and any other entity that has a political or "touchy" issue. Then they would only be left with the free checking accounts for people that just pay their bills. They'd make no money and have to shut down.

eye95

imported post

I hear ya, man. I am actually amazed at how many businesses take note of my OC pistol and say nothing (or say something totally non-critical. In Sam's today, the checker asked, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" I said, "Close. Dan Wesson.)

If anyone ever does ask me to leave (hasn't happened yet), I'll just say, "That's OK, so-and-so has no objection." Just let 'em know that there are alternatives.

We are rational. They are emotional. And, that's the end of the story.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
there are lot's of banks out there......, we need to compile a list of OC Friendly banks.
I've OC'd in PNC in Littlestown with no issues. Even had a discussion with the branch manager and she never even mentioned my weapon. Very positive experiences.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

eye95 wrote:
I hear ya, man. I am actually amazed at how many businesses take note of my OC pistol and say nothing (or say something totally non-critical. In Sam's today, the checker asked, "Is that a Smith & Wesson?" I said, "Close. Dan Wesson.)

If anyone ever does ask me to leave (hasn't happened yet), I'll just say, "That's OK, so-and-so has no objection." Just let 'em know that there are alternatives.

We are rational. They are emotional. And, that's the end of the story.
+1... by the way, just looked up the dan wessons. They are nice lookin' guns! Some of them are expensive as heck though! (sorry, thread hi jack. Back to banks...:))