• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fox News 13 - OpenCarry.org member Shane Belanger's Portland, ME open carry BBQ is just for starters

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Shane's open carry BBQ plans (Sunday, 25 April, 2PM, Back Bay Cove) are moving along nicely and he plans to organize an open carry litter pickup soon also in the greater Portland, ME area.

Note in the interview as Shane is quickly moving down the learning curve on how to communicate on the issue and with the media - understatement, calmness, accepting others' views, not using martial terms like "march" or "protest," etc. [psst, such terms show weakness anyway, and by the way, we are winning, don't tell anyone]

Anew generation of gun rights advocates are emerging and they are at the front of the open carry movement - no more angry white men!

---

http://www.myfoxmaine.com/good-day-maine/91022699.htmlwith video iterview

SNIP

Interview: Shane Belanger
By News 13

Story Updated: Apr 16, 2010 at 8:39 AM EDT

Shane Belanger, a pre-med student at the University of Southern Maine, is in the "Good Day Maine" studio to talk to host Erin Ovalle about an upcoming "open carry" event in Portland, in which participants will all carry firearms.

Supporters of the "open carry" movement believe that openly carrying firearms in public is an effective crime deterrent.