• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper/Warrenton OC Dinner - April 22 in Warrenton

livitup

imported post

We'll come back to Warrenton for our April dinner... the turn out was so great last time!

Save the date: April 22. How about we meet up at:

Mojitos & Tapas Cuban Restaurant
251 West Lee Hwy
Suite #157
Warrenton, VA 20186
(540) 349-8833 phone

This is in the Petco/Boarders Books shopping center (on the back - Boarders - side).

We've been doing these at 7PM, but since it's a work/school night and all, what does the crowd think about moving the start time back to 6:30? Majority rules.

P.S... Joe and I are usually slackers when it comes to posting the location - but interested parties can generally assume that the 4th Thursday of every month will be an OC Dinner somewhere between Warrenton and Culpeper... at least until we run out of restaurants!

livitup

imported post

RSVP list for April 22 Warrenton/Culpeper OC Dinner at:

Mojitos & Tapas Cuban Restaurant
251 West Lee Hwy
Suite #157
Warrenton, VA 20186
(540) 349-8833 phone

[line]

Who?Confirmed Possible

Livitup 4

livitup

imported post

livitup wrote:
Unless anyone else is interested in coming, we'll just cancel this month's dinner and try again in May.

Just to prevent anyone from showing up at the last minute and being disappointed, this month's dinner is officially cancelled. I'll start a new thread to announce it, but the next dinner would be May 27. Mark your calendars. :)

Locals, is there a problem with the venue? Or just too short notice? I'd suggest the same place next month, but if the lack of response was due to the venue we'll pick something different.

livitup

imported post

altajava, looks like our posts crossed in the mail.

I'd be happy to meet up for dinner tomorrow, but I have no idea about the place I picked... I've never been - it just sounded good.

If you are interested in dinner tomorrow it looks like it would just be my family and you + your guests (if any).

Let me know and you can pick the place anywhere between Culpeper and Warrenton.

Regular_Joe

imported post

Sorry for the delayed reply - we've just had a death in the family and have been busy with arrangements. Won't be able to make it this month but looking forward to next month's dinner.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I'd like to, but I've got choir practice at St. James' in Warrenton every Thursday evening at 7. Just about any other day would be fine for me.

By the way, I've never been to the place suggested - but I've gone to El Agave a good bit, and with my shirt tucked up, since they serve "alcoholic beverages". Never had any problem at all with the folks who run the place, though I did get a challenging eye-stare from some military looking dude who happened to be eating there one time.