• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Wife is coming around

tat2ed_guy

imported post

My wife hasnt been the biggest supporter of guns at all let alone OC. But as of yesturday she is now the proud new owner of a Bersa 9mm. She even wants to go shoot this morning right after she gets her CPL. I will work on the OC part later. How can you not love a woman like that?

p4160174.jpg

By tat2ed_guy, shot with FE4010,X930 at 2010-04-16

Batousaii

imported post

Congrats toyour wife. My wife is from Tokyo, so i know how the transition is. Now-a-days my wife loves to go shooting and is very accepting of firearms and OC.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

Yeah, I was on her about that the whole time. Every time she turned to say something I had to remind her to take her finger out of the trigger gaurd, she did however keep it pointed down range though. Kudos to her for that.She did good though. The only issue that she really has is that sheis pushing the gun in anticipation of the recoil. Any advise on how to correct that would be appreciated greatly...

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
Yeah, I was on her about that the whole time. Every time she turned to say something I had to remind her to take her finger out of the trigger gaurd, she did however keep it pointed down range though. Kudos to her for that.She did good though. The only issue that she really has is that sheis pushing the gun in anticipation of the recoil. Any advise on how to correct that would be appreciated greatly...

Do you have a .22 pistol? Whenever I start catching myself doing that, I'll put a brick through a .22 pistol. The habit goes away....until it comes back again.

Also, dry-fire practice is a good way to eliminate the flinching. Make sure you teach her how to do it properly. Snap-caps can help with this, but are not essential.

Good luck! My wife shoots as well as I do and carries everytime she walks out the door.

-G20

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Lucky you. My wife hates guns so much I still have to use a euphemism for going to the range. "I'm going to practice" or "I'm going to Bellevue to see Berto".(My friend Roberto, works at Wade's)

Packer fan

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:

Yeah, dry firing helps quite a bit.

My wife and I well sit in bed together at night and dry fire our guns and critique each other. Did the gun move at all when squeezing?Isour finger placedon the triger correctly? If she does this she will notice a big difference. My wife carries a Kahr CW.40.

Start out squeezing the trigger slow at first so she will get used to the length of the trigger pull while dry firing.

Nothing says romance better than shooting and cleaning guns togher.

I don't buy my wife flowers I buy her bullets.:lol:

centermass

imported post

shooting lawful out there? or atleast tollerated? they close sultan before I could head out there. Have a bunch of Steel cased rounds to let loose, most ranges wont let me use it. Plus I dont want to drive south of seattle to shoot rifles 1 round at a time.....so tediuous with magazine fed long guns.

jbone

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
We are on a road called Sea Post on the way to Darrington. It needs cleaned up out there but other than that its really nice.
I thought they closed C Post down, last I sawthe county had posted no shooting signsat the entrance off 531.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

If they have closed it then all the signs have been removed. That is where i have always gone to shoot and i have never seen any signs out there. I could be wrong though.

amzbrady

imported post

centermass wrote:
shooting lawful out there? or atleast tollerated? they close sultan before I could head out there. Have a bunch of Steel cased rounds to let loose, most ranges wont let me use it. Plus I dont want to drive south of seattle to shoot rifles 1 round at a time.....so tediuous with magazine fed long guns.
Is reiter pit closed too?

Metalhead47

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
If they have closed it then all the signs have been removed. That is where i have always gone to shoot and i have never seen any signs out there. I could be wrong though.
Where specifically is the place at? If it's NFS land & no signs, you're good to go (and it'd be nice to know a shootin' spot this side of Snoqualmie pass :dude:)

tat2ed_guy

imported post

If your on 530 going towards Darrington you will go up over that hill/turn that has been redone due to accidents. Its on the left a little bit after that. Im not real familiar with the area out there.

Faceplant

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
The only issue that she really has is that sheis pushing the gun in anticipation of the recoil. Any advise on how to correct that would be appreciated greatly.

Get a bunch of the snap caps and load her magazines and randomly place them in. This can help with two things 1)show her that she is pushing the pistol and 2) she will get an opportunity to practice a malfunction drill.

Heck in the same vein let her load your pistol and you will get to do some practice with the malfunction drill also.

Metalhead47

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
If your on 530 going towards Darrington you will go up over that hill/turn that has been redone due to accidents. Its on the left a little bit after that. Im not real familiar with the area out there.
How bout a mile post or something for those of us who don't live out that way? :lol: