• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked on of BWW on Centennial and N 5th.

MilitaryMike

imported post

Even with all the issues with BWW's around the area, I have never had a problem with this location. Until today. I was getting my food to go like I normally do when a nice waitress inquired about my strap. After a nice conversation (and finding out she is from Germany..which is why it's foreign to her) another worker stated that I needed to go to the bar, get my food, and leave. I asked them to bring it out since I can not step foot into the bar and we proceeded to debate the fact of whether or not it's allowed in the building. I pulled out my droid and showed him the law and his response was that it is a company policy because BWW is a "family establishment" and they have the no gun sign, but just need to put it up on the door. By this time my food was out and I told him my gun and I family friendly and it's only the criminals who need to worry.

I know there are a million threads on this already, but has anyone asked the corporate offices about this yet?

MilitaryMike

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Why can't you step foot in the bar? Are you under 21?
Last I heard there is an NRS stating that weapons are prohibited any place alcohol is being served unless it's partitioned off. It was long ago so maybe it has changed or someone had their info crossed.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No...... The only thing related to alcohol is NRS 202.257, which states you cannot be intoxicated with a BAC of 0.10 or greater. There's no law against being in a bar, or even drinking there.

doninvegas

imported post

OK what is a BWW and who told you, you cant go in a bar....????
You might like to read The cool pamphlet on laws on this forum...good info.....:)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

timf343 wrote:
No...... The only thing related to alcohol is NRS 202.257, which states you cannot be intoxicated with a BAC of 0.10 or greater. There's no law against being in a bar, or even drinking there.

Does Nevada have a law that specifically prohibits gun carry while intoxicated?

If so, that sounds like a really good law.

Guns and highly intoxicated people don't mix. Not well, anyway.

MilitaryMike

imported post

HankT wrote:
timf343 wrote:

Can't blow a .1 or higher while armed up in public. However on your property, you can do what you wish unless you get stupid.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MilitaryMike wrote:
HankT wrote:
timf343 wrote:

Can't blow a .1 or higher while armed up in public. However on your property, you can do what you wish unless you get stupid.

OK. Makes sense that at home it would be (much) less restrictive.

But in public, it's like a DUI....only it's CUI...or CGUI....

Seems reasonable. Especially for someone who was CUI and at extremely high levels of intoxication--say at .15 or higher.

Not much defense if someone gets caught....

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sorry, If you are drinking, you should not be out in public carrying. I know some gun ranges that have rules saying no alcohol within 24 hours of coming to the range.

I know one thing, OC has slowed my drinking, therefore saving me some cash!:celebrate

doninvegas

imported post

dchoepp wrote:
I know some gun ranges that have rules saying no alcohol within 24 hours of coming to the range.
Fascist Pigs, How can they just attack the Constitution and take away your right of Freedom of choice, and persuite of happiness like that…:what:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dchoepp wrote:
Sorry, If you are drinking, you should not be out in public carrying. I know some gun ranges that have rules saying no alcohol within 24 hours of coming to the range.

That's interesting. Are these gun ranges in the Carson City area or elsewhere in NV?

How well do the customers accept the restrictions?

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

These ranges are close to Rochester, MN. I haven't seen any here in Carson that say this, however I never read the rules at the range either! I'll be checking tomorrow.

CowboyKen

imported post

dchoepp wrote:

I know one thing, OC has slowed my drinking, therefore saving me some cash!:celebrate

So, if I go out to eat and have a glass of wine with my meal that means, to you, that I give up the right to protect myself?

NOT in Nevada.

Ken

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CowboyKen wrote:
dchoepp wrote:

So, if I go out to eat and have a glass of wine with my meal that means, to you, that I give up the right to protect myself?

NOT in Nevada.

Ken
It seems you have put parameters to my very vague and generalized comment. I never said you should not protect yourself. I never mentioned "A" glass of wine. By "drinking" in definition or in context of this thread I was meaning multiple drinks or in excess.

Personally, I think we have enough trouble with OC and gun laws that, if you wish to drink, maybe you should stay at home and do it or think about what's more important, OC or having that drink.

Obviously if "you" are out OCing, having "a" glass of wine with your meal, and you need to protect yourself, it's not going to be a problem.

However, if you are out "drinking" and thats about it, probably going to create some problems. The last thing the OC community needs is someone making a bad decision because they are intoxicated, which was the context of my response.

Which ever way you want to "spin" it is up to you.