• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked on of BWW on Centennial and N 5th.

MilitaryMike

imported post

You are some thread hi-jacking bastards! haha. Good conversation that has come of this though. dchoepp wins with the common sense way to take this thread. Duh!

wrightme

imported post

dchoepp wrote:
CowboyKen wrote:
dchoepp wrote:
Sorry, If you are drinking, you should not be out in public carrying. I know some gun ranges that have rules saying no alcohol within 24 hours of coming to the range.

I know one thing, OC has slowed my drinking, therefore saving me some cash!:celebrate

So, if I go out to eat and have a glass of wine with my meal that means, to you, that I give up the right to protect myself?

NOT in Nevada.

Ken
It seems you have put parameters to my very vague and generalized comment. I never said you should not protect yourself. I never mentioned "A" glass of wine. By "drinking" in definition or in context of this thread I was meaning multiple drinks or in excess.

Personally, I think we have enough trouble with OC and gun laws that, if you wish to drink, maybe you should stay at home and do it or think about what's more important, OC or having that drink.

Obviously if "you" are out OCing, having "a" glass of wine with your meal, and you need to protect yourself, it's not going to be a problem.

However, if you are out "drinking" and thats about it, probably going to create some problems. The last thing the OC community needs is someone making a bad decision because they are intoxicated, which was the context of my response.

Which ever way you want to "spin" it is up to you.
"a glass of wine" fits perfectly into "if you are drinking."

"if you are out drinking" is another thing.