• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blackhawk vs. Safariland

SIGguy229

imported post

Both are quality holsters that will serve you well. You might as well have a Ford vs Chevy debate.

Try them both...see what works for you.

I will ask--in what kind of environment are you going to be using the holster. The reason I ask is--the drop leg holster (as a whole), sucks when you are in a seated position a lot of the time (either in a vehicle or at a desk).

Just my 2 cents...

marrero jeff

imported post

well i've used both, just havent really tried to do a durabil;ity test with them. The primary purpose is to carry my sidearm when i stay for hurricanes since i'll have a tactical vest and ar strapped to my chest, i prefer the thigh rig

hellstorm702

imported post

Both are excellent holsters in my experience, I've used the Safariland drop leg when I was in the service, but I had it for years and it finally cracked, then the Serpa came along and I gave that a try and absolutely loved it.

Just because the Safariland holster cracked doesn't mean its a bad holster, any gear will have its wear and tear, both have been proven well in the battlefield!! :)

-hellstorm702