Thread: Great news for the Colorado crowd!

Post imported post

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...ns-on-campus/1

The Colorado Court of Appeals has ruled that the University of Colorado has no authority to bar students or visitors from lawfully carrying guns on campus, The Denver Postreports.

The appeals court found Thursday that a district judge in El Paso County erred in dismissing a challenge to the ban filed by Students for Concealed Carry on Campus and three students from CU.

The university's Board of Regents had adopted a ban on all guns on campuses, believing the statewide Concealed Carry Act of 2003 did not apply to universities, the newspaper says.

But the court found that the Legislature specifically intended the act to apply everywhere except in a few places spelled out in the statute, such as K-12 schools.

Attorney Jim Manley, who represents the plaintiffs, called the ruling "a real victory for individual freedom" and the law, the Post says.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

WTF....i was trying to put plus 1000....but my "plus" sign isnt working....soab
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    WTF....i was trying to put plus 1000....but my "plus" sign isnt working....soab
    +1000

X2

there ya go.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

awesome....thanks

+1000

so now it decides to work.....wtf
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

State Researcher

Post imported post

James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA