Thread: Separate holster belt

Banned

Post imported post

I am becoming less enamored of holsters that use my existing belt. My belt is sturdy enough. Unfortunately, the heft of my 1911 5" .45 bears down on my pants to the point where I feel uncomfortably like I am wearing my "pants on the ground."

Any suggestions for a belt and holster combination for my handgun? I must admit complete ignorance on the subject and am hoping to rely on the wisdom others have gained from experience.

Thanks in advance.

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    I am becoming less enamored of holsters that use my existing belt.* My belt is sturdy enough.* Unfortunately, the heft of my 1911 5" .45 bears down on my pants to the point where I feel uncomfortably like I am wearing my "pants on the ground."

Any suggestions for a belt and holster combination for my handgun?* I must admit complete ignorance on the subject and am hoping to rely on the wisdom others have gained from experience.

Thanks in advance.
    Find your local police supply shop, or go to cheaperthandirt.com and look for a duty belt.
    I carry a 6" S&W 629, and a duty belt has been a lifesaver because of the weight of the gun.

Banned

Post imported post

Wow. Do I feel stupid. I just poked around in my closet and found my old equipment belt from when I was an SP in the AF. (I had to let it out about 10".) The belt is in like-new shape, despite being about 30 years old. My OWB paddle attaches securely, but I am just not sure it is the right kind of holster for the belt. The belt is a nylon web, about 2 3/8" wide, with metal-grommeted holes spaced about 2 3/8" horizontally and 1 5/8" vertically. It is doubled near the buckle (both sides) because it can expand about another foot. (I hope I never need that.)

So, any suggestions about a holster, or should I just keep using the paddle, or am I going to realize in a few hours that I just asked another stupid question?