• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is open carrying right now!

fire suppressor

imported post

Taking in a bit of the sun before work walking around Seattle with my trusty Springfield XD. Currently over by he convention center come find me!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

24.gif
WOW you really are bored!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
Taking in a bit of the sun before work walking around Seattle with my trusty Springfield XD. Currently over by he convention center come find me!

Open carry hide and seek? Treasure hunt? Hey what open some gun related geo-caching? Leave some bullets or something?

amzbrady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
fire suppressor wrote:

Open carry hide and seek? Treasure hunt? Hey what open some gun related geo-caching? Leave some bullets or something?
Just follow the trail of shocked and horrified sheeple.

fire suppressor

imported post

LOL a open carry hide and seek kind of sounds like fun. No issues the other day I was just bored and felt like posting a fun thread. I got a Droid a few months back and love the full HTML. Now no matter were I go OCDO is always right there with me

o2ryan

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
LOL a open carry hide and seek kind of sounds like fun. No issues the other day I was just bored and felt like posting a fun thread. I got a Droid a few months back and love the full HTML. Now no matter were I go OCDO is always right there with me

The convenience does have some drawbacks. I am sitting in church right now browsing OCDO on my Droid.

amzbrady

imported post

SnarlyWino wrote:
fire suppressor wrote:

The convenience does have some drawbacks. I am sitting in church right now browsing OCDO on my Droid.
Amen

krazichinaman

imported post

Just wait until we get the flash 10.1 update. (BTW I have the Nexus One). It should be coming soon. The update will allow us to fully access Youtube and other sites that use flash.

Here are some fun apps you should look into.

"Scanner Buddy"
Basically an Online police scanner. There is a free and paid version, both the same except the paid version has no adds for around $1.50ish. This app is great and I purchased the full version to support the developer.

"Cop Recorder"
A simple recorder that runs in the background and stores the conversation onto your phones Micro SD memory card.

"Right2Bear"
Gives you some basic info regarding RCWs, Honoring States, Forbidden Zones, Permit Cost & Info, Tansportation, Government Offices etc. This is runs around $3.

Matt85

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
Just wait until we get the flash 10.1 update. (BTW I have the Nexus One). It should be coming soon. The update will allow us to fully access Youtube and other sites that use flash.

Here are some fun apps you should look into.

"Scanner Buddy"
Basically an Online police scanner. There is a free and paid version, both the same except the paid version has no adds for around $1.50ish. This app is great and I purchased the full version to support the developer.

"Cop Recorder"
A simple recorder that runs in the background and stores the conversation onto your phones Micro SD memory card.

"Right2Bear"
Gives you some basic info regarding RCWs, Honoring States, Forbidden Zones, Permit Cost & Info, Tansportation, Government Offices etc. This is runs around $3.

never thought id be interested in those fancy new phones... but now i kinda want one.

-matt

midiwall

imported post

krazichinaman wrote:
Scanner Buddy"

"Cop Recorder"

"Right2Bear"
I had ScannerBuddy installed, you just reminded me to spend the well deserved $1.50 :)

I didn't know about CopRecorder, installed!

I wasn't convinced about Right2Bear. I appreciate the app, but I think it needs to be filled out with more info. My want of this would be in lieu of carrying paperbased info as reminders to folks that need reminding. As such, I'd like to see it have OC info by state, and have the whole pertinent RCW on there and searchable or at least indexed.

krazichinaman

imported post

I too would like to see more info regarding OC, however, I've spoken to the developer and he is trying to get all the info accurate for all the states.

I think he plans on addressing it in future updates.

Speaking of which, it would probably be a good idea to put the OC pamphlets PDF onto the phone so you can have access to it at all times.