• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We got it.....

DEFENSOR

imported post

EdB wrote:
DEFENSOR wrote:
protector84 wrote:
Now the question comes down to this: What will Arizonans do when Obama says no?
I believe that by now not too many people care what obama says. I think that this is the first administration in a long time where the prez. is not the most powerful man in the world. He was a lame duck from the get go. :uhoh:
I thought the topic here was "open carry"? Does this always have to devolve into absurb political theater?

1) The POTUS, whether you like him or not, is the most powerful man in the world. This one is flexing that power in ways the moron he followed never imagined possible.
2) The current administration changed the National Park rules to follow state laws with regard to firearm regulations. Doesn't sound like a 'no' to me. Sounds like a states-rights type of move eh?
3) If you want to discuss politics take it elsewhere unless it relates to firearms. Fair warning: you'll lose if all you can do is regurgitate sound bites.

Sorry for ranting but I get sick and tired of those who value the 2nd amendment to assume the left side of the aisle isn't also armed. We're here, we won, get over it. Those of us on the left are also working very carefully and methodically to change the mindset of those on the left who can't seem to figure out that protecting rights is as valuable as extending rights to the disenfranchised AND that guns are not somehow automatically bad. Kinda like trying to convince tea-party idiots who shake their fists in anger over taxes despite the fact that under Obama taxes for 96% of American filing have dropped. Oh wait: it isn't like that because NO ONE on the political right is willing to slap down those morons.
Wow! Edb,

I understand and agree that this is not the place for political discord. That is why Ikept it short.I apologise, thoughconsidering your criticism you sure made a lengthy response. Feel free to PM for some polite corespondence on the matter.

protector84

imported post

Actually, this is highly relevant. Since Obama believes he is king, what if Congress somehow rushes a bill through that bans gun carry without a permit in all 50 states? What if they try to use the federal government to override Arizona's gun laws? Don't think this can't happen. Personally, I don't think Arizonans would allow it to happen but the point is the same. States rights are very important when it comes to gun rights issues. An AP news article came out today saying that 80% don't trust the government. It is not like the health care bill passed because "we the people" wanted it. I have no doubt that certain Congressmen had to be bribed and threatened to get that bill passed. Brewer recently signed a bill rejecting the federal ATF's authority over firearms manufactured in Arizona that remain in the state. Sooner or later Uncle Sam is not going to be happy with Arizona's assertion of states rights against the monarchy that Obama has created in Washington.

And no, the President is not the most powerful in the nation or the world. The most powerful in America is WE THE PEOPLE.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

protector84 wrote:
Sooner or later Uncle Sam is not going to be happy with Arizona's assertion of states rights against the monarchy that Obama has created in Washington.
As much as I loathe the guy, this bit is false.

The Fed Monarchy has been growing for decades, and all parties have done their part to grow it. Not one single politician has done anything to reduce it. The Partisan Conflict is a charade, like Professional Wrestling. A distraction for idiots who comprise the majority.

Glock19Dude

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Excellent!!!

It would seem that all that's left is for a 10th Amendment full auto law to be passed.
Are you wanting to be able to have a full auto weapon? Don't get me wrong I love my guns and love to shoot them but I don't think regular citizens need full auto weapons.

Thoreau

imported post

Glock19Dude wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Excellent!!!

It would seem that all that's left is for a 10th Amendment full auto law to be passed.
Are you wanting to be able to have a full auto weapon? Don't get me wrong I love my guns and love to shoot them but I don't think regular citizens need full auto weapons.

Need is irrelevant.

PS: There's no 'wanting' involved. It's already legal, albeit unreasonably and prohibitively expensive.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock19Dude wrote:
Michigander wrote:
Excellent!!!

You don't need oxygen, either. It just helps you live longer and happier.

Just like a FA.

The Government is less qualified than Citizens in absolutely everything. So if the Citizens don't 'need' FA, the Gov is even less in need of them. Until the Gov stops threatening me with it's guns, I deserve superior weapons to shoot back at it with and put it in it's place.