• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Corporate Policies

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Found this over in the Michigan Forum

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Corporate Policies

Barnes & Noble

Original Message From: "Mary Ausman" <MJAusman@bn.com>

To: XXXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 1:42 PM
Subject: Barnes & Noble

Thank you for your email.

While we are unable to discuss customer situations with an uninvolved third part, to answer your question, Barnes & Noble complies with the law and, except where prohibited by law, does not prohibit its customers from carrying handguns or other firearms in a Barnes & Noble store in accordance with the laws of the state in which a store is located.
Sincerely, Mary Ausman
Supervisor, Customer Retention
Barnes & Noble, Inc. 122 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10011
tel: (800) 422-7717 fax: (212)352.3660 [url]http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com[/url]

Walmart
Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
(1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
702 SW 8th Street
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link:
http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Audio of Walmart Policy: Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3

Cabelas:

Thank you for the recent email. I am very sorry for the confusion that took place at our retail location.
Our corporate office has taken action in regards to the below mentioned issue and here is what has been decided.
We have made the decision to comply with state laws in regards to open carry. We do not ask customers to check concealed or open carry weapons where the state has laws governing this situation. Our signs refer to firearms that are being returned or sold to Cabela's.

If you are still having problems please feel free to let us know

Thanks again

Becky
Lead Associate
Cabela's Retail Information
1-800-905-2731
retail.contactgroup<AT>
cabelas.com

Toys-R-US

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
1 Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,

Beverly McCann
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

LOWE'S
Dear XXXX XXXX:

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe's currently does, and will continue to abide by federal, state and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms. We will respect federal, state and local laws regarding this.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-284-8989 or email
execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,
Julie Holloway
Lowe's Executive Customer Service

Home Depot.

[url]http://www.tennesseefirearms.com/law_regs/postedletters/homedepo.pdf[/url]

Customer care number. 1-800-430-3376
Contact link:
[url]http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentView?pn=Contact_Us&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053[/url]

Recieved this from Jerry. Seems to contradict the letter.

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
hdconsumeraffairs@homedepot.com>
To:
warchild44spcl@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Other Website Questions

Dear Jerry,
The Home Depot Customer Care is in receipt of your email. We appreciate you taking the time to email us. Our general policy is not to ban customers from carrying firearms on the Home Depot property in those states having a concealed firearm law, provided they are carrying the firearm in accordance with the applicable laws.
If the firearm is not concealed in accordance with the carrying permit (typically that means concealed and cannot be seen by members of the public), it is up to the manager based on personal comfort level to approach the individual directly and request them to leave the premises or to contact local law enforcement for purposes of having the individual removed. Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Ricky
Customer Care

BEST BUY's POLICY

from Customer Contact <
CustomerContact@bestbuy.com>
to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
date Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM
subject Best Buy Gun policy - XXXXXXXX
mailed-by
bestbuy.com

Best Buy strives to comply with all applicable law and statues. Best Buy also strives to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers. Best Buy does not ban guns at our retail locations. As a general rule, Best Buy does not post “no guns allowed” signs in our stores and we are not aware of any individual stores that might have posted such a sign.

BOB EVANS
Bob Evans - Reference # 536155

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to e-mail regarding our Bob Evans Restaurants. Bob Evans follows all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to firearms. Please contact your local Bob Evans restaurants for the specific regulations. Again, Mr. Spice, we appreciate your comments. We value your patronage and appreciate your interest in Bob Evans Farms Inc.

Bass Pro. Inc. Clarifies Policy – Open Carry Welcome!

OpenCarry.org (OCDO) is pleased to announce that Bass Pro Inc. advised OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk by telephone today that open carry of holstered handguns is as welcome as concealed carry provided all federal and state laws are followed.

After being contacted by OpenCarry.org (and apparently some of our almost 20,000 some thousand members) about sporadic inconsistent treatment of open carriers at some Bass Pro shops, Bass Pro’s Manager of Communications Larry L. Whiteley asked OCDO co-founder Mike Stollenwerk for more background information and some time to straighten things out.

Stollenwerk advised Whitely two weeks ago that open carry is legal in most states, usually without a permit, and that Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas have adopted clear corporate policies welcoming open carriers in their stores just as they do concealed carriers. Further Stollenwerk noted, it’s better to adopt one clear corporate policy than allow individual employees make up store rules or give legal advice to customers, i.e., the proverbial but well meaning, “psst, hey, you gotta cover that up, it’s the law” kind of thing, which can get gun owners in trouble for breaking the law and unlawfully concealing (e.g., in Wisconsin where no permit to conceal is even issued).

Well today Mr. Whiteley called and confirmed that Bass Pro’s policy is and “always was” to be to respect lawful customer gun carry, concealed or open, and that steps the following steps are being taken to ensure this policy is understood by all managers and employees, including production and distribution of training videos as well re-drafting of signage pertaining to guns.

OpenCarry.org is pleased that Bass Pro. joins both Sportsmens’ Warehouse and Cabelas in clarifying to OpenCarry.org that open carry is welcome in their stores as a matter of corporate policy.

Dicks Sporting Goods

Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Dick's Sporting Goods.

Our stores comply with state laws and, in some cases, where we are a tenant as an anchor store, those mall restrictions if any exists.

Jean Taggart,Manager of Customer Engagement

AaronS

imported post

It's nice to have all of the "pro" shops listed in one place. It will make it easy to make a better choice as to who gets my money.

Thanks

LOERetired

imported post

This information isnice, verry nice, would be a good idea to print this information, cut out each seperate store info,and have it available for when ever there is a question, from a manager, at any of these locations on allowing a person to OC or not

M

McX

imported post

i suppose i should come up with a formal written policy for my corporation, and post it here too: Mechainx LTD. Inc. recognizes that all citizens, and customers have rights guarenteed to them by the Bill of Rights, as well as the State and US Consitution. Therefor no right shall be infinged by us as a corporation nor as individuals, officers, or employees of this corporation. That seems pretty clear to me, ok with you?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

McX wrote:
Mechainx LTD. Inc. recognizes that all citizens, and customers have rights ... That seems pretty clear to me, ok with you?
Sure, it's OK, but not clear.

What about a non-citizen customer? Then why not just write '...recognizes that all customers have rights ..."?

What about a citizen non-customer's rights? Maybe the 'and' was too precise.

M

McX

imported post

and that brings on a mini-rant from me; since when should any corporation, doing business in accordance with the state, and/or federal laws, have the authority to limit, modify, circumvent, or restrict these laws in the corporation's interaction with it's customers, and/or employees?!

protias

imported post

McX wrote:
and that brings on a mini-rant from me; since when should any corporation, doing business in accordance with the state, and/or federal laws, have the authority to limit, modify, circumvent, or restrict these laws in the corporation's interaction with it's customers, and/or employees?!
Private property laws... :banghead:

qball54208

imported post

This begs the question then, why is it that almost EVERY Bar/Tavern I have been in, has a sigh that reads "We reserve the RIGHT to refuse service"
How does that compare to any other Public business, like Best Buy, Wal-Mart and such?

minuteman

imported post

qball54208 wrote:
This begs the question then, why is it that almost EVERY Bar/Tavern I have been in, has a sigh that reads "We reserve the RIGHT to refuse service"
How does that compare to any other Public business, like Best Buy, Wal-Mart and such?

If they have a sign posted that says we reserve the right to refuse service, they have the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason they decide. Any place of business can do it. If they are discriminating that is another issue, like based on race, age, sex, religion, handicap, etc.

I dont know if you could get a case that would prove they were discriminating against people bearing arms, if you kept going back they will just make an official no firearm policy. Those signs are in bars because they constantly have to remind people that they reserve the right when they try to shut down at bar time or cut off the guy who drank 50 beers.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

bnhcomputing,

I had an odd incident at our local Cabela's (Missouri) and called the number you listed they said that they were just the call center and had me call the Corporate Office. I Called cooperate and spoke with Candy at (308)255-7415 she took my request to know what corporate policy was and called me back with the answer of "we follow whatever the laws are for the location of the store but we prefer all OC firearms have trigger locks put on. For the safety of our employees and the comfort of other customers." When I asked for a name to whom had given her this info she said that it had come down from the board of directors and the CEO. So there is their stance for what ever it is worth.

Doc

beaver

imported post

I just shopped at cabelas bout a week and a half while oc'ing no problems. The door greeter said Cabelas didnt have a problem with it as long as it stayed holstered.

Cobra469

imported post

I am wondering if she was quoting their policy on bring in firearms for repair or other form of service. Aren't there a few other stores who have a policy of encasing a firearm if it is brought in for service but their policy on OC for protection is to abide by local and state laws where the store is located? Seems to be the same situation that we have seen before where somebody misunderstood the reason the firearm was in the store or found teh first reference in their policies and assumed it applied to all firearms regardless.

I would have asked "How can I put a triger lock on my firearm and still fit it in my holster?" Oh yeah I forgot STUFF IT IN THE BELT LIKE A THUG. See which they prefer.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Cobra469,

Feel free to give her a call I told her (Candy 308-255-7451)that I would be posting her response here and gave her every chance to specifically give me someone else to put in the spotlight.She sounded like a sweetheart and you could tell in her responses shegave wascompletely scripted. You could tell she didn't want to offend me.

Doc