• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to California Open Carry

GlockFanatic943

imported post

I just purchased my first handgun a Glock 22 .40 and currently in the 10 day waiting process before i can pick it up on the 26th. figured i would create a new thread to let everyone know who i am and where im from. i am new to open carry but not new to guns, been around them all my life. i live in Clovis, California during school times and Colorado during the summer. cant wait to participate in upcoming OC events to help spread the world. Let me know if you have any questions.

Shane

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Welcome Shane!

Before you open carry, I encourage you to read, read, and read. Know what you can do and what you can't do. People have been arrested when doing nothing more than open carrying. It's not right. It's just the way it is right now. Use extreme caution!

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

just be careful of schools, if you use google maps or such mapping tools, some private schools do not show up. so if you do map an area just zoom in real well to see if you can spot out some schools.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

just be careful of schools, if you use google maps or such mapping tools, some private schools do not show up. so if you do map an area just zoom in real well to see if you can spot out some schools.