• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Busness ok with Open Carry

GlockFanatic943

imported post

I have looked through almost all new threads scanning for peoples take on business that allow open carry in their stores. i would like to make a list for california people on busineses that allow open carry or businesses that make no big deal out of OCing in their store. Couple questions i have..

-Does Bank of America allow Open carry? if so where is their policy that says they allow it?
-Does Walmart allow Open Carry? if so, if confronted what can i show them to proof that their policy says im allowed too..
-Blockbuster?
-Target?
-Sports Authority?
-BestBuy?

These are businesses i frequent quit a bit and im new to open carry and really don't want any confrontation from employees. anyone have any good experiences from these top stores?

protias

imported post

You'd probably get better responses in the CA subforum.

BoAC: I don't remember if it is allowed or not
Walmart: Follows local, state, and federal laws.
Blockbuster: I've been in the one in back home in WI. IIRC, they allow carry in their stores.
Target: I think they also follow local, state, and federal laws.
Sports Authority: No idea.
Best Buy: Follows local, state, and federal laws.

If you OC, you are going to eventually face some confrontation with somebody.