• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Alert - Lori Saldana's open carry ban bill "must be stopped at all costs&qu

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5727:

[align=center]CALIFORNIA: Two Anti-Gun Bills Awaiting Action in Sacramento:

Friday, April 16, 2010[/align]
[align=center]Please Stand Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

[/align]
[align=left]Two very serious threats to the rights of California’s law-abiding gun owners are currently pending consideration. They must be stopped at all costs.[/align]The Assembly Public Safety Committee will consider Assembly Bill 1934, a blatant attack on the self-defense rights of law-abiding Californians, on Tuesday, April 20. Simply put, this legislation would outlaw the open carrying of a handgun for self-defense.

Please contact the members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose AB1934. Contact information can be found at
Assembly Public Safety Committee.

markm

imported post

Hello Super Moderator,

I am on it. Thanks for the link and attachment.

The theme of my message will be topoint out thatother states arelocking-in creator granted and constitutionally guaranteedrights while ours is illegally restricting those rights. We havejudges and LEO from around the country, including CA, who are advising citizens to arm themselves.

Also, I will remind them that in 1994 many blame the huge democratic defeats on anti-gun legislation. Do they want to add napalm to an already hot political fire? Let sleeping dogs lie.

The safety exhibited by law-abiding citizens who carry loaded weapons from across this country is superior to the safety level of accidents had by LEO.

markm

jspence

imported post

Lori Saldana is a PE major from some local San Diego college. Highly qualified to run for election, right?
jbs/

CREWDAD

imported post

I made calls to all of the Public Safety Committee members today, only two of the six members, the two Republicans; Hagman and Gilmore are in opposition to the bill so far.

It also appears that the list of members on that committee has changed recently, I know that one member on the first list that I called was no longer on the committee.

open4years

imported post

No offense to CA residents, but what is up with that state? They have special emission rules so auto makers have to have a special CA model. Then there is the 10 round maximum rule, etc. Many items in catalogs can't be shipped there. What/who started all of this?

markm

imported post

open4years wrote:
No offense to CA residents, but what is up with that state? They have special emission rules so auto makers have to have a special CA model. Then there is the 10 round maximum rule, etc. Many items in catalogs can't be shipped there. What/who started all of this?

Hello open4years,

What is wrong with Kalifornia is progressive politicians. Our government is suffering from the same neo-Marxist activism that has overtaken our federal government. We have been "progressive" for a decade now. As Kalifornia goes, so goes the nation. I would move to Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Florida in a heart-beat if I could. The PRK is screwed!

markm

Sonora Rebel

imported post

MarkBofRAdvocate wrote:
open4years wrote:
Hello open4years,

What is wrong with Kalifornia is progressive politicians. Our government is suffering from the same neo-Marxist activism that has overtaken our federal government. We have been "progressive" for a decade now. As Kalifornia goes, so goes the nation. I would move to Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Florida in a heart-beat if I could. The PRK is screwed!

markm
Why not just cross the Colorado 'n set up camp in Arizona?

markm

imported post

Sonora Rebel,

Arizona is nice. However, the SCUBA diving and pelagic fishing opportunities abound in the Southeast. Bluefin tuna, yum! Wahoo, yum!

thanks,

markm

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I moved from Kalifornia to North Carolina back in 2003 mainly b/c real estate prices are much more reasonable. It is a nice added bonus to be able to OC w/ a LOADED magazine IN the gun, and a round in the chamber :)

EDIT: In relation to the OP, it is nice to see the NRA finally standing up for OPEN carry rights & not just concealed.

markm

imported post

Hey Ruger,

I like the Beaufort and Moorehead City area. Raliegh/Durham is nice too.

markm

Tack

imported post

I called, but they sure don't have to listen.

Both houses of the legislature are controlled by liberal democrats. They can propose and posture all they want and the conservative republicans do not have the votes to stop them. Our attorney general is Jerry Brown, of all people. The governor is a liberal at heart and will not veto anti-gun bills. They can take away our rights at a whim and there is no stopping them.

I'm sorry to offend you if you are vote democratic, but those are the facts in Kalifornia. No offense intended.
Tack

cato

imported post

Mike wrote:
Tack wrote:
The governor is a liberal at heart and will not veto anti-gun bills.
Then how do you explain his 2008 veto of the bill to ban loaded open carry in unincorporated areas?

It's hard to explain why he does anything. He seems to throw bones to both sides occasionally.

However this year could be a urban UOC knock out punch; as this bill doesn't apply to those areas which allow loaded firearms in public per 12031 (the target of the earlier OC ban) and the state's Police Chief Asso. says THIS is their #1 bill. Add the press UOCers have gotten in SF and I don't see him vetoing it. Hoping he does but still...

Tack

imported post

Then how do you explain his 2008 veto of the bill to ban loaded open carry in unincorporated areas?
I don't explain it. We simply have the lead ammunition ban, ammunition purchase registration with thumbprint, 10 day waiting period extension to long guns (I'm not sure of the enactment date, so maybe this is pre-Arnold.), 50 BMG ban, internet sales ban, and case micro-stamp bills to weigh as well. There is also the long gun registration bill that is in the works. Would I like Arnold Schwarzenegger to do the right thing about open carry and veto the Saldana bill? You know it. Maybe we could avoid a veto override.

I would love to be wrong about both bills. Please do me a favor and show me where I'm wrong.;) I could use the good news. :cry:

c45man

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
MarkBofRAdvocate wrote:
open4years wrote:
Hello open4years,

markm
Why not just cross the Colorado 'n set up camp in Arizona?
As Kalifornia goes ,so goes the nation? Not any more. I am old enough to remember when California dreamin was a reality. It was a trend setting state that every young person wanted to move to. It had the seventh strongest economy in the world as a stand alone state. Now it is bankrupt. People are seeing that state and the politics attached as a negative. Very sad how a freedom loving state with a typical laid back western attitude turned into a nanny state. New Jersey with palm trees as one poster put it.

KansasMustang

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Let it pass....courts will throw it out and then they can carry a loaded gun.
I'm sorry Shawn but your logic is skewed. Passed legislation is ALWAYS more difficult to overthrow in the courts. It may take years to even get it into the Cali Supreme Court.
Just like the Healthcare crap now, it's going to take a long time to get it repealed.

ChrisYuhas

imported post

I've written an in depth article on AB1934 covering the unconstitutionality of state and federal infringements of the 2nd amendment, added compelling and substantiated statistics showing that guns work and gun control doesn't, and I even examined parts of the bill on who it arms, the punishments, etc.

Please read, please support, please spread.

http://www.examiner.com/x-47206-San...ight-to-openly-defend-yourself-is-in-jeopardy

Thanks!

Chris