• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what states honor virginia concealed weapons permit

fire_man2340

imported post

Hey everyone I havnt made any topic's in a long time, But I really needed to know this, Because I live in Danville, Va. and it right on the state line with N.c and I need to know what states I can carry concealed in. I tryed yahooing it but it come's up other crap. And N.c gives me to much crap over open carry. Mostly Greensboro N.c

Glock27Bill

imported post

Private sites are a great place to start, but you need to verify their data on each state's own sites.

The owner of Handgunlaws (Gary Slider) posts on a forum I'm a mod on.

He found bad data on another site, and was asking for help in getting the owner to fix it. Gary sent the owner emails pointing it out, but it remained unfixed.

(I looked for his post but could not find it...we're currently having forum issues).

swinokur

Activist Member
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Private sites are a great place to start, but you need to verify their data on each state's own sites.

The owner of Handgunlaws (Gary Slider) posts on a forum I'm a mod on.

He found bad data on another site, and was asking for help in getting the owner to fix it. Gary sent the owner emails pointing it out, but it remained unfixed.

(I looked for his post but could not find it...we're currently having forum issues).
The site that is out of date and still continues to be is www.carryconcelaed.net. As you mentioned, repeated attempts to get the admin to update the site have failed. The only sites that seem to be kept current are

www.handgunlaw.us and www.usacarry.com.

However as someone also pointed out, these sights should not be used as the final word on carrying. to be completely legal, consult the state's AG site for reciprocity and law info.